crosman 1377 .177 14"barrel where to buy..........

Started by Nightshade, December 25, 2011, 12:22:28 AM

JEBert

QuoteI bought a 24" barrel from crosman and got two barrels out of it, give it a go you can do it it's not hard at all.
Mike,
I am assuming that you cut the barrel in two and crowned the rear part and cut a leade and transfer port hole in the front part.  How did you go about creating the leade on the front half?  I have two 24" .22 cal Crosman barrels and have decided to cut one to 14.5" and the other right in half to make two 12 inchers for a total of three barrels.  I think I will use the 9.5" part from the one I make 14.5" out of to practice making the leade and transfer port hole.
In another thread, one of the guys was asking what size tapered cutter to use and he was hoping that Charlie Mellon would chime in with the answer.  I have nothing but a drill press so I am going to try to use a tapered reamer or custom grind one of my drill bits.  I can figure out the angle and how deep to go but was curious as to how you did yours because I can always use new ideas.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mustangmike

Just ordered a 17" barrel for my 2400kt from mellonair.com yesterday, rather excited for the new barrel to come in. Went 17" because I have 7.5tko on the way for it
.22 disco, leapers 3-12x40 IR AO
.22 ccs 2400, leapers 4x32 (awaiting barrel swap & 7.5tko)
.22 gamo bigcat, rds
.177 walther 99q, low profile laser sight

Serpents Den

nice...i had done the same for my 1377, went with a .177 17" barrel but with a 5" brass muzzle brake from art's shack...