Well I took my mostly stock 1377 out today and was disappointed:(

Started by cpu77, January 23, 2012, 05:23:50 AM

cpu77

Ok I bought this gun never shot it.  I bought some stuff for it like a aluminum barrel band with fiber optic site, Crosman steel Breech, Aftermarket rear sight.

I have on order a cothran trigger, extended bolt , safety.  I also have a Ft Piston and valve coming from Charlie.  Oh and a solid pump pin.  Just paid for a nice custom wire stock today.  Trying to buy some new grips. 

Anyhow after shooting it I dont think I like the .177 pellets.  They wont even move my steel targets out on my gun range!  So now I am thinking I need a 22 or 25 conversion.  Is there a huge energy difference?  BTW this little gun is louder than my suppressed 22lr savage!   By alot!  I like it though...

One more question who still makes a riser breech for the 13XX?  I was wanting a RJ but he seems done?  Who else crosmods?  Is the CB a riser?  Out of those 3 I like the RJ the best. 

JEBert

Don Cothran has riser breeches on his website.  I haven't ordered one.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

JEBert

I don't have a .22 pellet gun but I have read a lot about them.  I am about to convert one of my 1377's to .22 with a 14.5" barrel and I expect the fps will drop but the fpe to go up.  Others on here have more experience with .22's.  Maybe one of them will chime in here soon.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

breakfastchef

A simple example...

7.0 grain .177 pellet traveling at 600 fps will generate 5.59 ft. lbs of energy

14.0 grain .22 pellet traveling at 450 fps will generate 6.52 ft. lbs of energy
Larry

NorthStaR

Everything you listed and a change to .22 with a 20inch barrel will give you about
11.5FPE with 14.3GRN .22 DIABOLO pellets. At the same 10 pumps.

It will pack a bigger punch but either way it could be that your targets aren't light enough for
an airgun in it's current build or with the above conversion? Unless they are airgun targets....  :-[
(If not some people/members/companies copy PB metal targets down a scale them for airguns.)
......in which case go .22!

IMHO!  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

mr007s

For a breech try here>  http://bnm111.hpage.co.in/products__41833967.html

BNM and Don are both great. Since you have to pump the repeater breech is over kill. I would go with the side cocking which BNM does offer. With the FT internals I would go with a longer barrel to keep noise down and increase FPE

cpu77

Quote from: mr007s on January 23, 2012, 11:30:24 PM
For a breech try here>  http://bnm111.hpage.co.in/products__41833967.html

BNM and Don are both great. Since you have to pump the repeater breech is over kill. I would go with the side cocking which BNM does offer. With the FT internals I would go with a longer barrel to keep noise down and increase FPE

I MUST HAVE!   I hate loading pellets!  I want a shroud to!  Oh my!

NorthStaR

An unexpected purchase! I just ordered the BNM Weaver Repeater package deal for the 22XX.

Wahoooo! I was doing really well and limiting how much I spent this month UNTIL i read this thread!
I'm a big believer in "buy it when you see it". It won't be there next time when you want it. Hot cakes....

Too many times have I missed out by not acting! Never again!  ;)

I have to say the guy I dealt with, Sergio @BMN is very helpful and answered all my questions quickly (international time zones too).
BNM will also ship international which is brilliant.

I can't wait for it to arrive.  :-X

breakfastchef, hows your BNM breech doing?

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

cpu77

I am trying to buy a complete setup myself.  Just trying to workout the barrel length since I am buying a shroud to:)  I did decide on .22:)

ginoe

i've had my 1377 for a few years & have only made minor changes from the original. tried miserably with mounting a scope on the intermounts & upgraded to the steel breech. it became too heavy (i thought) as a pistol so it's now a carbine with the extended stock.

she's a tack driver at 10M & pretty powerful, i can hit paintballs on golf tees all day. i really never understood why everyone was tearing theirs open & modding springs, pistons, triggers - mine shoots great out of the box.  :-\

then the crony arrived in the mail yesterday. 10 pumps was avg of 458fps (not the 600 it says on the box the 1377 came in), 10.5 crosman dome from the brown box = 4.9fpe (using the chairgun calculation) :o

i get it now & fully understand the modding fever - more power!

i would hate to mess up an already good thing with my fairly stock 1377 (damn crony) but being on this site & reading all your posts are very enlighting & i return (almost hourly) to read the next success story (or failure).

cpu77

You could leave that one alone and buy another 1377 from Amazon for less than $50 shipped and mod that one:)  Just saying you know you want to.   

NorthStaR

I thought the very same thing, get another! One as cherry and one to be Frankenstein's monster.

Sssshhh... you can hear it calling "ginoe...ginoe...ginoe...ginoe..."

;)
Double-tap!