1322 project

Started by crazyhorse, February 05, 2012, 01:55:05 AM

crazyhorse

Purchased the 1322 from Big Five and ordered a long steel breech plus a Center Point multi dot scope.

This was my first mod (breech install) ever and I followed tips, suggestions posted here.Sure made life easier...lol.
Only scare was the little breech screw...came out hard and went back in same way..but I just applied even steady pressure.

I sighted it in this evening and plan to get it on the chrony tomorrow in daylight.

This CenterPoint multi dot scope has four reticles: Dot, three vertical dots, half circle with dot and full circle with dot and crosshairs...they are very clear and sharp.
Going to get some 30mm scope rings for the 11mm rail...scope is to high for my liking..

I'm going to order Mellon FT piston/valve and extended bolt. I may try the Disco hammer spring but will not use a power adjuster...have already switched to a lighter trigger spring and pull is at 2.2 LBS now,...so need more work there.

BerkshireHunter

Looks great!  :-* Yeah, taking it apart takes some attention to detail, but gets easier with experience. Those sound like some good mod ideas, you'll definitely get more bone crunching power with a F/T setup and stronger hammer spring. That trigger sounds good too.

breakfastchef

Let us know how you like the CP dot sight. I am glad to see it on a 1377 as I was considering one. And I agree that lowering the sight a bit will look much better.
Larry

BerkshireHunter

Hey, did you add felt or some material under the punp arm to quiet it? Im considering that type of mod...

crazyhorse

Yep. I used sticky back velcro...just cut a strip to length and put it in the pump handle...

0351_Vet

Looks like a great project. Nice.  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

same_me

Quote from: crazyhorse on February 05, 2012, 05:28:16 AM
Yep. I used sticky back velcro...just cut a strip to length and put it in the pump handle...

I believe I'm gonna try this myself on mine when I put it back together.

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

I realize the CP red dot has a Weaver mount and that the tube is 30mm but you might be better off getting some mounts from BKL and avoid such a high sitting red dot.

Carl

http://www.bkltech.com/product-p/bkl-300.htm

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Looking good ! I have the same red dot and like it how about you.
                                                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

crazyhorse

Quote from: NorthStaR on February 08, 2012, 08:41:34 PM
How's the CenterPoint?

I like how it is easy to repeat shots on poi...the recticles are clear/fine enough to facilitate that.Much better than my old BSA dot sight..Also helps to keep 'intensity' on low side.

crazyhorse

Quote from: quickster47 on February 08, 2012, 11:16:10 PM
I realize the CP red dot has a Weaver mount and that the tube is 30mm but you might be better off getting some mounts from BKL and avoid such a high sitting red dot.

Carl

http://www.bkltech.com/product-p/bkl-300.htm

You are correct...and that is my plan.

quickster47 †

BTW, I also have one of those Center Point red dots on a 1377 and must say it is a great sighting device.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

nockhunter

Is that a Crosman breech?

Mike

crazyhorse

Yes...part number 2240SBPK  think it was $29   (from Crosman).