Tried my hand at modding the new 1322 - mixed results

Started by Marius.D, March 11, 2012, 02:29:08 PM

Marius.D

I recently bought one of the new 1322 and went about to add some after-market parts to it.  I came away with some mixed results.  I thought I would share how it went.

The parts I bought or had on hand:

Chavka sighted barrel band
Crosman 14 inch barrel
Crosman Steel Breech (new style)
Crosman 1389 pump forearm
Mac-1 Bolt extened bolt probe
Crosman trigger adjustable spring guide & spring
Blue Fork AR15 trigger frame
AC Custom single rod Shoulder Stock
AC Custom LDC

Taking the 1322 apart was pretty straight forward. took off

1. trigger frame
2. plastic breech and barrel
3. used a 3/16 punch to remove the barrel band, opening the pump assembly a little made this much easier
4. used a 1/8 punch to remove the pump forearm

1.  The sighted barrel band and longer barrel went on easily.  You need one of these kind of barrel bands to use a longer barrel.  The standard plastic bands hole is not wide enough to fit a longer barrel. 

2.  The new forearm went on fine. Much better than that skinny one it comes with

3.  The steel breech was a disappointment.  I have one of the new style breech with the screw hole towards the rear.  The new 1322 tube does not have the second hole drilled into it to accommodate the new breech.  Will have to find one of the old style breech.

4.  The shoulder stock was another disappointment.  The new 1322 tube diameter is smaller than the 2400.  So the stock attachment was too wide to fit on.  So I will get one of the standard crosman shoulder stocks.  So the blue fork trigger frame is not going to get used on this project either.

5.  The longer bolt probe and trigger adjustable spring guide went on just fine.  The trigger adjustable spring guide & spring made a huge difference in the trigger pull.   It is much, much better now.

6.  Had a spare AC LDC in the drawer, so I put that on.  Another huge difference.  Even with 10 pumps, it is VERY quiet.

The sighted barrel band worked really well with the standard rear sight, accurate.  At 10 meters, it was shooting right on in elevation and about 1/4 inch left.  Shot 10 rounds and they were all basically in the same hole.  I do want to get the shoulder stock for it, cause the pistol is a little long now to shoot like a pistol.

1377x

workinman had an ad in the classifieds here on the forum for wire stocks
ads pop up on the yellow forum classifieds for them too
put an ad in the wanted/classifieds section see if someone will trade breeches with you
try adjusting your rear sight for better accuracy. if you are out of adjustment turn the head of the screw down until you get proper alignment
closed mouths dont get fed

0351_Vet

The 13xx tubes are 3/4"OD and the 22xx 23xx 24xxare 7/8"OD   :-*

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ