What Does your forum name mean ?

Started by Crosshairs, March 13, 2012, 12:21:48 AM

mudduck48

Quote from: 7624452 on June 05, 2015, 01:18:42 AM
Were you by chance in Florida in the 70's? I recall talking to a mudduck on the CB when I was between duty stations.
Yes I was. I was in Port Saint Luci Florida.  :) If I remember right, it was in 1973. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 05, 2015, 02:49:59 AM
Yes I was. I was in Port Saint Luci Florida.  :) If I remember right, it was in 1973. :P
I think I was in Germany at that time, also, I was about 250 miles from your location - I do not think the CB went that far.  :)
Stranded in California.

mudduck48

The big dog in our area, Rotten Ron, said, "who is that mudduck out there"? I said, It is I, the mudduck honky. And that is how it started. Rotten Ron had a 5000 wt liner, and every one could hear him. But, I had altitude and I boomed down on him. He would key up and all he head was me. AUDIO, I NEED AN AUDIO CHECK, BREAK,  BREAK!!! Yep, them were the good ole days.  :-\ :-\ :-* :-*

You describe the exact reason I quit using the CB.  The CB was useful and pleasant when only a few people were using it, but as more and more people starting using it you could not have a decent conversation with anyone without being interrupted and insulted, and I really did not like being insulted by someone I could not touch.  :)
Stranded in California.

mudduck48

You could touch them, just T-hunt them down, then touch them.

Noah

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 06, 2015, 11:34:15 PM
You could touch them, just T-hunt them down, then touch them. >:(

What does "T-hunt them down" mean?  ???

I've wanted to get a CB for the cabin for years, but have no idea where to start and what to look for. I am afraid in doing so will lead to yet ANOTHER expensive hobby, sort of like airgunning.  :o
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Quote from: Noah on June 07, 2015, 12:17:33 AM
What does "T-hunt them down" mean?  ???

I've wanted to get a CB for the cabin for years, but have no idea where to start and what to look for. I am afraid in doing so will lead to yet ANOTHER expensive hobby, sort of like airgunning.  :o
This explains it.
http://public.callutheran.edu/~rlucches/Ricky%20Lucchese/personalsite/thunting.html
Stranded in California.

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 06, 2015, 11:34:15 PM
You could touch them, just T-hunt them down, then touch them. >:(
I seem to have made you angry.  I apologize.
Stranded in California.

Noah

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

While I have you, how much does a CB starter kit run at?
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

mudduck48

Quote from: 7624452 on June 07, 2015, 12:34:38 AM
I seem to have made you angry.  I apologize.
Not at all. This is what we used to do back in the day. T-hunts. Someone would go hide and turn his radio on, put a rubber band on the mic. and we would go look for them. T-hunt.

Monkeydad1969

Ok...I'm up next:

Monkeydad---cause I am the dad to 4 monkeyboys.
1969---year of birth.
My avatar---for my favorite targets.

'nuff said. 

Joe
Aurora, CO.

arkmaker †

Quote from: Noah on June 07, 2015, 02:47:30 AM
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

While I have you, how much does a CB starter kit run at?

Noah, Go SHORTWAVE!!

Talk to people all over the world. A friend had/has a nice set up. He started for under a couple of hundred and added stuff and upgraded over time. Really heads over CB's. When he started, I think he said the antenna was his biggest purchase. More than the radio itself? Maybe I don;t have that right??

I have a CB in a box somewhere that I got back in Florida. Had it on the truck for a time, but not the same as back in the 70's. Lot's of buttheads out there and some have systems that'll drown out everyone and anything, so off it came and got stuck in a box. Go Shortwave and I bet you'll not regret it.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Quote from: arkmaker on June 08, 2015, 12:24:08 AM

Noah, Go SHORTWAVE!!

Talk to people all over the world. A friend had/has a nice set up. He started for under a couple of hundred and added stuff and upgraded over time. Really heads over CB's. When he started, I think he said the antenna was his biggest purchase. More than the radio itself? Maybe I don;t have that right??

I have a CB in a box somewhere that I got back in Florida. Had it on the truck for a time, but not the same as back in the 70's. Lot's of buttheads out there and some have systems that'll drown out everyone and anything, so off it came and got stuck in a box. Go Shortwave and I bet you'll not regret it.

Rich
[/quote
I absolutely agree.  All my CB stuff became trash to me.  I had several friends with ham radio stations and they worked very well. It is expensive and I think you have to pass an exam and get a license.
Stranded in California.

Quote from: mudduck48 on June 07, 2015, 02:53:39 AM
Not at all. This is what we used to do back in the day. T-hunts. Someone would go hide and turn his radio on, put a rubber band on the mic. and we would go look for them. T-hunt.
OK, as long as you are not angry. When I was visiting Florida, every time I turned on the CB mudduck was on the key - MUDDUCK! MUDDUCK! MUDDUCK! on and on and on. I was not in the mood to play, I just wanted to talk to friends. Subsequently, I found that there was an enormous amount of people that had no mission in life other than interrupting other peoples conversations.
Stranded in California.

mudduck48

Back in the day, if you were underpowered, you were a mudduck. That is what you were probably hearing. My official handle is the MINDBENDER. I just took mudduck after rotten Ron gave it to me. I was the mudduck honky.  And there you have it.  :P :P