1399 stock wiggles

Started by tookiebrookie, April 04, 2012, 11:14:59 PM

tookiebrookie

The stock has some play on the 13xx frame and rotates slightly on the axis of the two screws.  Probably about a thirty second of an inch on top of the stock in front behind the trigger and in back.
There must be some easy fixes for this.  Washers? Wedges between the top of the stock and the frame?
What have other people done and what works best?
My guns:<br />Crosman 766 Multi-pump Pneumatic pellet & BBs rifle<br />Walther NightHawk CO2 repeater pistol<br />Crosman 1377C multi-pump Pneumatic Air Pistol with 1389 stock converted to 1322 using 2240 Crosman breech, 24" Crosman .22 barrel and Airgunsmith FT piston and valve, Bugbuster scope <br />Walther Talon Magnum with Crosman Nitro Piston .22<br />Planning 1377 pistol with Crosman steel breech, RB maple grips, FT valve & piston and some trigger mods.

storsy

I just super glued a small piece of rubber into the stock, in the slot where the bottom rear of the pistol grip frame touches.
That works so far.
If the frame wasn't curved it would fit more snug, the rubber just fills that gap.
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

1377x

crosman sells something that goes in the stock to help with the wiggle there id a thread thread here that addresses it
search stock wobble
closed mouths dont get fed

chinaboy

I actually just looked up the number.    I think it is:   1389A070
I think it goes just under the grip frame.

Crosshairs

I wrap the back half of the frame with some king of  sticky tape like the camo tape you would wrap a gun with. it works real good.It makes the frame a bit wider and sticky so you wont have any play.
                                                      Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

cmj21973

Quote from: tookiebrookie on April 04, 2012, 11:14:59 PM
The stock has some play on the 13xx frame and rotates slightly on the axis of the two screws.  Probably about a thirty second of an inch on top of the stock in front behind the trigger and in back.
There must be some easy fixes for this.  Washers? Wedges between the top of the stock and the frame?
What have other people done and what works best?

I did this:
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=6527.msg67405#msg67405

breakfastchef

I drill and tap a hole for an 8-32 screw. Stock is solid now.

Larry

HappyHunter

Quote from: breakfastchef on April 05, 2012, 03:02:13 AM

That's what I did to the wife's 2250, and my 2260 Hpa project...simple and rock solid!  :-*
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

1377x

Quote from: breakfastchef on April 05, 2012, 03:02:13 AM

can we see it with the stock off?
closed mouths dont get fed