Connecticut airgun show

Started by KevinP, May 01, 2012, 11:42:32 AM

sandpiper

Quote from: arkmaker on June 08, 2012, 02:51:58 PM
As I remember it, traffic moves along pretty good, unless there is an accident. 4-5 pm and you are hitting the rush hour.

Just google mapped it and if I leave here by 12:30 I'll hit the bridge at 3:00. I think that'll work. Gives me plenty of time to goof off in Connecticut tonight  :-*

Xgecko

On a saturday not as big a deal as a weekday.......
The earth without ART is just "eh"

sandpiper

Quote from: sandpiper on June 08, 2012, 03:52:56 PM
Just google mapped it and if I leave here by 12:30 I'll hit the bridge at 3:00. I think that'll work. Gives me plenty of time to goof off in Connecticut tonight  :-*

Well, that didn't work. Been sitting in non moving traffic for 30 mins and still 3 miles from the bridge. Glad I'm in no hurry  :(

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

sandpiper

Quote from: eric on June 08, 2012, 09:58:50 PM
that sucks fer shur

Yup, still about a mile from the bridge. I cam think of a hundred other things I'd rather be doing right now  :)

KevinP

Think of that feeling you will have when you get back on the open road !!!!!
Kevin
Albany, New York

sandpiper

Rolled into the hotel at 8:30. Reminder to self: Don't drive through New York on a Friday no matter what time. Eight hours and 250 miles later I'm here. If I see one rare airgun tomorrow it'll be worth it  :-*

KevinP

:-* I never drive NYC unless I have to ....   see u in am  :)
Kevin
Albany, New York

seagullplayer

Hope to see lots of pictures   :-*
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

BerkshireHunter

I'm gonna head out to go check it now. Wish I had more funds.

BerkshireHunter

I decided to swing by the show. There were plenty of interesting tables, but I was on a budget. Saw lots of nice Crosman CO2 guns, and lots of classics. Some real nice Mk1s and revolvers, one of the Mk guns had about a 14" barrel. There were plenty of nice classics as well, old 1377s and Benjis with the lever pump handles and wood, but out of my price range.

I saw a 1389 below a dealers table with a $50 price tag and I asked him if I could look at it. He replied that he had just bought it himself, and wasn't ready to sell it actually.  :(

Went back to a table that had an assortment of old pumpers and an old backpacker that I thought had an exorbitant price tag. When I more closely examined the price, I was mistaken, it was only marked $35. I told him I'd give him $30, and he agreed. It was somewhat of a gamble, because I really only wanted the brass valve and the backpacker forearm... the gun had lots of surface rust on the barrel, the tube, and the cocking knob.

Some pics:

^This pic shows some of the rust near the muzzle.

So I've oiled the poor neglected girl up, but she'll always have rust spots unless I scrub it. The stock release button worked, so I got that off. It holds air perfectly and seems pretty accurate. The pellet loading systems pretty neat. I was surprised to see that the receiver appears to actually be milled for a dovetail and scope? I didn't think they were...

I have a 14" barrel in .22, so I'd like to maybe make a backpacker with that and the steel breech I have lying around.  Here's a question for 1377x or someone who knows -Will the brass valve in the backpacker be a direct fit into the modern 1377 guns, or is it designed differently? When I mod it, I may change the frame and receiver as I'd like to probably get rid of the cocking knob. For now, I thin it was a decent buy, if just for the parts.  ???

DJammer

The valve is exactly the same. Good buy on that backpacker
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

eric

just got back and it was better than last year --- sorry no pictures .scored me a J.C. Higgins "22" caliber --- sort of like a CR160 and the 180 put together  --- photos soon
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Xgecko

Damn I didn't see that backpacker, My dad scored a used RD30 for $10, and left his phase 2 with Smith Airgun Repair for a trigger job.  I got some more wadcutters and I now know how I'm going to create a reactive target for the Garden now. Spent a lot of time looking at really pretty riffles and thinking I am really happy I don't have a bigger addiction that have now
The earth without ART is just "eh"

BerkshireHunter

The gun definitely looks neglected. Plastic has dings and scratches and the gun looks like it was left on a burlap bag in a leaky shed for a few years.  ;D However, it's a been there done that gun and I think I did alright. Oh, and most of the rust looks external, there's none on any of the parts that were covered by plastic.  :-*

One good deal I saw but didn't take up were the Crosman pellets. They had the cphps in .22 and .177 for $6 a pop. I'm decently stocked though. Had CO2 carts for .50 cents each, not bad.