Connecticut airgun show

Started by KevinP, May 01, 2012, 11:42:32 AM

sandpiper

13 hours in the car, 500 miles, $100 in gas, $100 hotel, $16 tolls, $25 food and bought $100 in airgun stuff. Worth every penny and finally got the Crosman 99 I've been looking for (although it needs some work) :-*

Here's some show pics:

sandpiper

BerkshireHunter

Nice pics! I'm glad they had an ATM in the back because I forgot too bring much cash. Had to really restrain myself from buying stuff. Have bought about 7 guns in 3 months.  :D

Noah

WOW - that looks like SO much fun!

I can't see the price tags on the 600s, but do you remember how much they were going for?

More pics?  ??? :D ;D ;) :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

sandpiper

Quote from: Noah on June 10, 2012, 04:42:18 AM

I can't see the price tags on the 600s, but do you remember how much they were going for?

The pic didn't come out that good. There were lots of 600's there. Prices were from $125 plus. Most were in really good condition. There seemed to be more rifles than pistols. Kevin may have gotten better pics.

BDS

Quote from: BerkshireHunter on June 09, 2012, 07:59:29 PM
I decided to swing by the show. There were plenty of interesting tables, but I was on a budget. Saw lots of nice Crosman CO2 guns, and lots of classics. Some real nice Mk1s and revolvers, one of the Mk guns had about a 14" barrel. There were plenty of nice classics as well, old 1377s and Benjis with the lever pump handles and wood, but out of my price range.

I saw a 1389 below a dealers table with a $50 price tag and I asked him if I could look at it. He replied that he had just bought it himself, and wasn't ready to sell it actually.  :(

Went back to a table that had an assortment of old pumpers and an old backpacker that I thought had an exorbitant price tag. When I more closely examined the price, I was mistaken, it was only marked $35. I told him I'd give him $30, and he agreed. It was somewhat of a gamble, because I really only wanted the brass valve and the backpacker forearm... the gun had lots of surface rust on the barrel, the tube, and the cocking knob.

Some pics:

^This pic shows some of the rust near the muzzle.

So I've oiled the poor neglected girl up, but she'll always have rust spots unless I scrub it. The stock release button worked, so I got that off. It holds air perfectly and seems pretty accurate. The pellet loading systems pretty neat. I was surprised to see that the receiver appears to actually be milled for a dovetail and scope? I didn't think they were...

I have a 14" barrel in .22, so I'd like to maybe make a backpacker with that and the steel breech I have lying around.  Here's a question for 1377x or someone who knows -Will the brass valve in the backpacker be a direct fit into the modern 1377 guns, or is it designed differently? When I mod it, I may change the frame and receiver as I'd like to probably get rid of the cocking knob. For now, I thin it was a decent buy, if just for the parts.  ???

"Hunter"  what do you know about that pellet loading system? Was it a short-lived design for the backpacker or maybe....?  ???
Brian

eric

that pellet loading system was used on a pistol, the SSP250(1989-1995),the rifle version of the SSP250,the 262(1991-1993) and the 1389(1989-1998).it stop with the 250 and the 262 when the production stop for those and continued 'til '98 for the 1389 when they ceased production 
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

BDS

And we thought you only knew 98.8% of Crosman history...hah  :D
Brian

KevinP

:-* It was great meeting sandpiper and Eric at the show.... sorry I'm late posting the pic.  ... but after the show I went to Boston to destroy some brain cells ... it worked !!!  Anyway, was a small show , but some great stuff was there ...

Kevin
Albany, New York

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

eric

it was a good time and cool to meet up with you and sandpiper .kevin did a great job putting this show together this year --- can't wait until next year  :o :)  maybe i'll come home with a model A or B sheridan :-\ next time .almost did this year
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

sandpiper

Good job on the pics kevin  :-*