1322 stock additions, survival/shooting kit.

Started by R Gerb, May 09, 2012, 05:36:59 PM

R Gerb

Hey all,

just got my 1322 and shoulder stock yesterday. liking both so far. my end goal is to be good enough to hunt small game in a packpacking/ back country seting.

I am an outdoor educator by trade and im always thinking about ways to carry gear in the woods. ive already wrapped the stock in 55 cord. but im thinking of doing more. im thinking specifically of adding a couple altoids tins to the hollow of the stock to hold ammo and some survival gear.

has anyone done this before? any ideas? tips? tricks?

Ryan

KevinP

Welcome to the forum ... Pic of the 55 cord wrap  ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

SaiCo

I had my girlfriend crochet a bag that fits in the stock. It's camo, has a button flap. I haven't got around to installing it, but will now that I've found my zip-ties.
I'll move that up on my list and get some pics posted. Thank you for reminding me of this project, it might have sat on back burner for months.
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

KevinP

Quote from: SaiCo on May 09, 2012, 07:31:39 PM
I had my girlfriend crochet a bag that fits in the stock. It's camo, has a button flap. I haven't got around to installing it, but will now that I've found my zip-ties.
I'll move that up on my list and get some pics posted. Thank you for reminding me of this project, it might have sat on back burner for months.

That would be cool .....
Kevin
Albany, New York

SaiCo

OK, here is the first of probably 3 posts.

front and back, unmounted

SaiCo

Only 2 pics per post is limiting...

The front again, unmounted, flap open.

SaiCo

Mounted on stock, used zip ties. Dimensions are off, but it expands out, because it's bigger than the opening in the stock.
There are some "floppiness" issues, due to construction used. Maybe use something to "stiffen" the flap, it curls out. Thinking maybe thin plastic, like card stock.
Over all I'm pleased. This will most likely be used as template for making one out of different materials/construction techniques.

R Gerb

got a bunch of better paracord today. going to rewrap, and ill post pics.

i like the pouch design. i do some light leather working as a hobby. i may work a similar design into mine. zip ties might be perfect too...

food for thought.

R