Anyone heard from Don Cothran?

Started by bradpsu, May 10, 2012, 06:25:41 PM

bradpsu

I placed an 2nd order with Don at the end of last week and haven't gotten an order confirmation or total from him so I can get a payment off to him.  Got my order number from his site but as most of you know then "he" or his web hosting service sends out a confirmation with a total (that is what I have not gotten).  I also emailed him to see where the confirmation was but haven't heard back.  Everything went pretty smoothly on my first order and it came in a pretty timely fashion.   ???

Xgecko

Don posted at some point a month or so ago that he has a big serious job in house right now and may not have the best communication or turnaround time
The earth without ART is just "eh"

bradpsu

I saw that....although he had a pretty decent turn around on my order of just a week or two ago...and his communication was very good.  Oh well, hopefully I hear from him shortly...don't want to send another email and seem like a P.I.T.A. 

bradpsu

For anyone interested Don now has a post up on his site saying he will not be taking any new orders because he is trying to catch up with the current ones.  He says he hopes to be caught up by 5/31 and anyone interested in placing a new order should check back then.  FYI......

SaiCo

If he's having problems shipping orders, then I guess that means he won't be getting around to developing a 13XX tube.

A fella can dream though.....
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

quickster47 †

Quote from: SaiCo on May 14, 2012, 07:24:03 PM
If he's having problems shipping orders, then I guess that means he won't be getting around to developing a 13XX tube.

A fella can dream though.....

There is that possibility that Don could now be working on the 13xx tube and all the interruptions are keeping him from finishing the first version.

Just a thought.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

Quote from: bradpsu on May 13, 2012, 02:58:49 PM
For anyone interested Don now has a post up on his site saying he will not be taking any new orders because he is trying to catch up with the current ones.  He says he hopes to be caught up by 5/31 and anyone interested in placing a new order should check back then.  FYI......

Really? :o How does one do that? ???

His products must be as good as gold...or better?

Maybe you just find someone that actually wants to take your order?
Brian

Crosshairs

Quote from: BDS on May 14, 2012, 11:57:11 PM
Really? :o How does one do that? ???

His products must be as good as gold...or better?

Maybe you just find someone that actually wants to take your order?
He makes real good stuff Brian and also has another full time job making parts for big companys the air gun stuff is realy a side job/ hobby for Don And his parts are the best you can get IMO Give him a chance im sure he will do the right thing.
                                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

bradpsu

If you want stainless and if you want top shelf quality, then it's worth the wait.  This is my 2nd order with Don and the only thing I regret is not buying my current item on my last order.  His turn around time on that order was fine.  No big deal though...it's a SS bolt handle and as long as it shows up in the near future it's worth the wait.  Plus his prices are very reasonable. 

droid

Hi,

Will Don ship to the UK ?  I have sent him an email but he must still be busy.

Not a problem if not as my Bro lives in the States.

Gary
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

farrlarr

I submitted an order on May 10 but have no idea what the status of the order is or when it might be shipped.  Since I plan to pay with a postal money order, I have asked him a couple of times about timing/procedure for submitting payment but the replies I have received have been less than informative about much of anything.  I realize he is really busy, but it is pretty frustrating when one quickly gets a reply that addresses one minor point and then there is no further acknowledgement of additional messages asking for information/clarification. 
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

cheewee

just want tto give a thumbs up to don cothran and mellon air, i know ourparts makers are extremely busy and can get snowed under at times but i  have never been disapointed with either of these two and there products are always worth the wait. unlike others who i will not name but i have just cancelled an order with that goes back to feb.
fellers keep up the good work you are much appreciated :-* :-* :-*
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

bradpsu

I placed an order at the beginning of May as well...and Don just emailed me a couple of days ago about it's status and it is now on it's way to me in the mail.  Will get it by next Tues.  Drop him an email if you want an update......that's what I did last Friday and now my new goody is on it's way.....a new SS cylinder head bolt.   :-*

bradpsu

And to add...I couldn't agree more with Cheewee...his parts are first rate and worth the wait...and I know waiting can be frustrating.  Farrlarr, the problem you may be having is the money order thing...I pay him with PayPal and have had no issues what so ever.  Setting up an account is very easy and if you have a credit card you can submit it and use that to pay with.  Hope you get your order soon too. 

Fronzdan

I've found that Charles Mellon replies promptly to emails.  What I like about Mellonair is that he keeps the website up to date and tells you precisely how to order.  If you know what you want, the process is very easy.  I've ordered several things from Charles, including special parts that aren't on his standard list.  Been happy with every purchase!

Havent had any luck ordering from Don yet.  Hopefully he'll open up his site again soon.  Can you just put items in the basket and pay him via PayPal, or do you need him to "ok" your order via email first?

I agree, we're lucky to have these guys providing us such great parts at such reasonable prices. ????Same goes for TKO!!  He ships as fast as Amazon, lol.