Wire Stock

Started by hstedman, May 16, 2012, 11:26:41 PM

hstedman

How do you install a wire stock onto a 13xx? How does this compare with the traditional Crosman Shoulder Stock? I have heard this stock is kind of uncomfortable and I like the idea of a quickly detachable stock. How much will a wire stock cost all said and done? I dont want to spend to much on it because I can get a Crosman Shoulder Stock shipped from Amazon for under $30

arkmaker †

Comfort is a matter of preference and exactly how the wire stock is bent or unbent and how it fits the shooter. Usually the hammer end cap is removed and replace with an adapter that will hold the wire.

I would go ahead and buy the Crosman stock for now. That gets you the option of having a carbine or a pistol without much fuss. Once you see how that feels, you can use it as a baseline to figure out exactly what length pull and degree of bend you would be most comfortable with and order it exactly how you want. Just a thought.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

breakfastchef

There are not many folks offering wire stocks, lately. I recently ordered one from forum member, workinmanva - http://workinmanshootingaccessories.com/index.html . I chose to go with a straight wire stock on one of my carbines because I could get a better, more consistant cheek weld. Though not quick detachable, I can remove everything but the adapter with an Allen wrench.
Larry

Oldnshakey

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 17, 2012, 01:42:29 AM
There are not many folks offering wire stocks, lately. I recently ordered one from forum member, workinmanva - http://workinmanshootingaccessories.com/index.html . I chose to go with a straight wire stock on one of my carbines because I could get a better, more consistant cheek weld. Though not quick detachable, I can remove everything but the adapter with an Allen wrench.

That's a nice setup, Larry.  A wire stock is on my to do list.
Tom..........Two 2400kt's, 2240, Cr MKI, 1377, S&W 686 co2, Beeman P17 .

More pistols than I need but not as many as I want.

1377x

the crosman stock is cheaper from crosman if you order as a part
there is a part number around here somewhere find it call in the order.someone might chime in with the number
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Quote from: 1377x on May 17, 2012, 07:38:12 PM
the crosman stock is cheaper from crosman if you order as a part
there is a part number around here somewhere find it call in the order.someone might chime in with the number

Use P/N 1399-001 or 1399-A001 for the Crosman rifle stock. It fits any of the 22XX 13XX pistols. :-*
Brian

eric

Quote from: BDS on May 17, 2012, 10:06:39 PM
Use P/N 1399-001 or 1399-A001 for the Crosman rifle stock. It fits any of the 22XX 13XX pistols. :-*
is that a part or an accessory .one is cheaper than the other .thinking it's the accesory  ???
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

BDS

Quote from: eric on May 17, 2012, 10:39:34 PM
is that a part or an accessory .one is cheaper than the other .thinking it's the accesory  ???

Don't know, you don't have to go to Crosman, you can find e'm all over the web and ebay, etc etc. Usually listed as 1399 Stock. Seen prices as low as $23 and as high as $37. $26 is about the right price if new.
Brian

1377x

i think from crosman its something like $14 shipped when ordered as a part
closed mouths dont get fed

0351_Vet

Who makes a removal adapter for the Workingman Wire Stocks. Something you could unscrew like Josh had on his Blackout?
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

dlb511

Same question as above, only I would like to know who makes the best (sturdiest) wire stock adapter to fit a 2240?  I have the Crosman stock but want to make something custom with wood on a wire frame.