crosman 600

Started by 1377x, February 24, 2010, 03:06:05 PM

1377x

the other day i went to the airgun shop to get some parts and pellets
got to talking about crosman pistols and then the shop owner produced a crosman 600
that rig is nice. he let me try it out and that was a very fun experience,that thing shoots fast wasnt trying to aim it just shoot as fast as i can . as much as i want a 2240 i am sold on the 600 so now i am on the hunt been finding them for 100-300 us dollars some working others not.i am a bargin hunter so im not in a hurry to find one but one will find its way into my collection
i dont know anything about it other than it shoots fast and is a collector item
so who here can tell more about them experiences anything i like to hear from others
the one i tried functioned perfect.
closed mouths dont get fed

Cross Pistol Packer

Great pistol the 600,designed by Crosmans top R&D man of the time, Rudy Merz.
The trigger mechanism is top class engineering,it is built to cycle at least 100,000 times without malfunction.
bit of a gas hog through,25-30 shots from your gas cart.
Love mine,an accurate semi auto pistol.
Get one in,you will love it.
Ray...
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

T191032

A Blog entry about the 600 :

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2009/04/crosman-600-file-this-under-classic.html

I don't know what they go for, but you might check the Green and Yellow Forums.  Might check the MAC-1 site too and see what's they've done w/ 'em.

An Airgun show would be a good place to check too.

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

1377x

Quote from: T191032 on February 24, 2010, 07:16:29 PM
A Blog entry about the 600 :

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/2009/04/crosman-600-file-this-under-classic.html

I don't know what they go for, but you might check the Green and Yellow Forums.  Might check the MAC-1 site too and see what's they've done w/ 'em.

An Airgun show would be a good place to check too.

i checked the yellow they had one 180usd didnt last long. im pretty new to airguns and never noticed any airgun shows in my area but we do have weapon collecting shows i have seen old crosmans at them but i would have to sell a kidney to get one .right now at auction one is @100 usd but it is an auction
one will find its way home to me hopefully sooner than later
good article btw thanks

bazthespazz

I just picked one up for $40.00 off craigslist. It's in pretty good shape and holds pressure forever but seems pretty touchy when it comes to pellets.

1377x

bazthespazz

I recently picked up the Sears version of the Crosman 600 in excellent shape at a second hand store for $75.00. Hold pressure and shoots great. When I pulled it out of the display case to take a look it had a price on the back side of $40.00 but they wouldn't let it go that cheap. I'm guessing the guy that was selling it paid that price for it and forgot to remove the tag. They're hard to find but there's still deals out there.

quickster47 †

I have one for $250 if you want it.  Great shooter!  Comes with an original box, some orignal Crosman Super Pells made specially for the 600, and some original CO2 powerlets, which I would never use but just keep them as conversational pieces.

Carl

I think it is the one on the left in this picture but not certain.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †