2400KT

Started by tinker, May 31, 2012, 11:02:16 PM

tinker

Brown is supposed to deliver my CS 2400KT Friday June 1st!  Ordered it the other month when Crosman had the free shipping offer. 
24" .22 barrel, camo stock, trigger shoe, and not much else. 

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Colt25

BDS

;) Excellent, mine was 2300KT from the C.S., camo stocks, trigger shoe, 18" barrel and now wears a BSA 3-7 x 40 AO scope, TKO LDC and polished trigger pins and parts. Shoots one-hole CPLs at 30 meters all day long if I would just stop shaking the darned thing!

Good luck with yours you will love it  :-*
Brian

tinker

Thanks guys.  Even after building a couple of Disco based rifles, 4 highly modified 22xx's, and  3 modified 13xx's I still am anticipating the new arrival :-* :-* 
The original intention is to keep the mods to a minimum but after I build the LDC, polish the trigger pieces, inspect the valve *********** that's how it will go ;)

Glen
(Tinker)

Fronzdan

Quote from: tinker on June 01, 2012, 02:23:57 AM
The original intention is to keep the mods to a minimum

Famous last words...I think we've all used.

1377x

congrats!
as much as i hate co2 guns im starting to think i need one
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

Quote from: 1377x on June 02, 2012, 04:23:57 AM
congrats!
as much as i hate co2 guns im starting to think i need one

:) Try it... you will like it ....  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

tinker

The new 2400KT arrived yesterday via brown. (Pictures to follow later).  Even the wife said she liked the camo finish!  Checked the 2400KT over and found the barrel mounting screw on the breech wasn't tightened fully and so the tools came out for a partial dis-assembly to check all the screws.  Since it was apart checking the barrel crown and lead in was easy and I found all to be nice and smooth.  Removed and buffed the hammer with fine surface conditioning belt to get rid of the sharp edges, the rust and to smooth an polish the hammer in general.  Adjusted the trigger adjuster to 1 turn from bottom and even the trigger was nice and smooth!  Cleaned the barrel, re-assembled, mounted a 6 x32 AO scope, put on an LDC, installed a 12 gram cartridge and test fired handful of shots.
  With the factory trigger shoe the trigger is much more comfortable and so the trigger release seems lighter and smoother when shooting.  Didn't shoot for accuracy but the test fire for function was done sitting on a stool at 15' and even with my shaking hands the 5 shot group was touching each other.  I'll have to set up the chronograph and also take some pictures.  Depending on the numbers will be the deciding factor on what type and how many mods will be done.
  I figure with the 24" barrel I'll be close or in the 600 fps area and that is sufficient.  I have all my other toys that shoot a 14.3 gr., .22 pellet way faster.

Glen
(Tinker)

KevinP

Sounds your on a nice start for a keeper ...  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

breakfastchef

Larry

tinker

Done it already.  Today's initial testing @ 10 meters: 620's fps for 15 shots. At shot # 25 still in the 580's so I'm happy :-*  The long barrel is the key as I haven't done anything other than install a hammer spring guide so the spring is shimmed 1/8", opened the transfer port to .150".  She wears my LDC, and not a 6x but a 3-9 x 32 compact "Bug Buster" scope on a offset mount.
  AND trying really hard not to remove and open the valve.  The last 22xx I did got less than 12 shots per 12 gram cylinder so I ended up bulking the rifle.

Glen
(Tinker)