upside down muzzle brake, or is my ADD getting the Best of me again?

Started by Red Harris, June 24, 2012, 06:07:15 PM

Red Harris

When I bought my 2300KT from the custom shop, I forgot to equip a muzzle brake. (Over sight on my part). So....I went back and ordered on from Crosman...

When I went to do the install, I came across a problem. The muzzle brake wants to install upside down, (target blade on underside of the barrel).

My barrel has a Flat spot milled on the top of the barrel at the end. I figure this is where the Grub Screw of the new Muzzle Brake should be sitting when it is tightened down to secure the brake. This results in the target blade being on the underside of the barrel.

An easy fix would be to simply rotate the muzzle brake 180 degrees and tighten it down, but this seems.......wrong  ???....Now the grub screw is biting into the Rounded part of the barrel instead of the flat. Its harder to align correctly and more prone to moving if bumped. Is it Supposed to be this way? It seems like they should have placed the grub screw on Top of the muzzle brake, in line with the target blade.....

Colt25

1377x

from what i have read
the custom shop muzzlebrake grub screw goes under the barrel
the 1701p mb grub screw goes on top
hth
closed mouths dont get fed

Red Harris

Quote from: 1377x on June 24, 2012, 06:31:44 PM
from what i have read
hth

OOOOh......I was unaware of that. Guess I ordered the wrong p/n......It doesnt Really matter, since I am running a Red Dot on my pistol.....I can just remove the blade.....I just thought I was going crazy.

Cowray

Quote from: 1377x on June 24, 2012, 06:31:44 PM
from what i have read
hth

That's correct. I have a 1701p brake and sight on my 2300s and my son's 2300kt. The 1701p brake has a set screw on the top.  The others have the set screws on the bottom.

KevinP

barrel has a Flat spot milled on the top of the barrel at the end

That flat spot is for the stock front sight ... it is a pressure fit with no set screw ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

JEBert

You could always grind a small flat spot for a setscrew on the bottom.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed