Mark 1 value/identification

Started by sandpiper, July 04, 2012, 04:41:44 PM

sandpiper

Hey Guys,

Just found a pistol on Craigslist that's located very close to me. Not very familiar with the mark pistols and feeling a little lazy with doing research today so I'll lean on you guys. Any idea of the value, he's asking $60 and claims it's in great shape but i'm sure it'll need to be resealed. Not sure of the difference between a 1 and 2. He claims it's a 1. Here's the pic. Thanks.

Cross Pistol Packer

Mk1 is a .22 cal pistol with brown grips
Mk2 is a .177 cal pistol black grips
Mk1 more powerfull,for $60 bite his hand off :)
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

Crosshairs

The MKI and MKII are one of the best crosman guns made with a real good trigger pull and very accurate they are used for target shooting. 60 bucks is a real good deal even if it needs seals.
                                            Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

That Mark I looks to be in pretty good condition. I think I see a velocity adjusting screw which would be nice to have. Assuming it only needs a reseal (@$30 for a kit), and it has all the original parts, $60 is a good price.
Larry

Colt25

Your gun was made pre '75. I know that because of the breech knob, and the power adjusting screw.

eric

typically they run between 125 to 175 --- 60 is a bargain, snatch it up
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

sandpiper

Thanks Guys,

emailed him, waiting for a response.

John

Crosshairs

I think that might be a 2nd variant MKI i cant see the small lever on the Co2 cap but it could be the angle of the pic.
                                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

sandpiper

Just received a response from him. Looks like I'll be getting a new to me pistol. Just need to set a time to meet. I'll let you guys know when it's in my hands. Thanks for all the input.

sandpiper

Got it and it's in great shape  :-* The funny thing was that he wanted to know if I could meet him near his work. He works about a hundred yards from me. Small world  :) I'll post some pics asap. Thanks again for the help.

1377x

jump on it!
seals might be cheaper than $30 if you look around.i would probably pay about $10-$15 at the most where im located
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

You are a dog!! I'll give you 65  ;D ;D ;D

Why can't I ever find good deals on CL. Been a long time.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

sandpiper

Loaded a Co2 and no leaks. That's the good part. The bad part is I have no idea how this thing works  ??? Can't get it to shoot. When the trigger is pulled the hammer comes back but seems weak. Is that normal on these pistols. A brief how to would be great guys. I assume I loaded the co2 correctly. Screwed the cap on, backed it off just a bit and pushed the plunger to pierce the co2. Suggestions?