power adjuster?

Started by ham484, July 19, 2012, 03:02:21 AM

ham484

hi all sorry this may seem like a newbie question but does the 22xx power adjuster fit the 1377
HAM

eric

no, tubes are a different diameter
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

ham484

HAM

ham484

who has the best power adjuster
HAM

1377x

mellonair
you can increase or decrease the spring load and change springs without having to remove cap
and for $10 shipped cant get a better price
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

If you do not wish to wait very long for a PA, try Art's Shack Muzzle Brakes. Art does a terrific job and can do a custom one-off if you want. Send him an email.

http://www.arts-shack.com/Brakes.html
Larry

ham484

lol crazy, cause i was just searching and reading and reading and searching, and saw his name some where. I emailed him long story short. Art sent me a tracking number today for one that i ordered.
Now i am just searching for a lighter valve spring. :-*
HAM

JEBert

QuoteNow i am just searching for a lighter valve spring. :-*
If you have changed out your sear spring, Try the original sear spring in your valve.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

pirouge

never could understand why anyone wanted a power adj., seems to me you'd have to adjust the sight (scope, R/D) every time to altered the power, maybe I'm wrong, I just don't see any advantage. If I wanted to shoot indoors I'd get a air soft gun. personally, I always want max power. I use the heaviest (strongest) spring I can get away with for the hammer for good co2 puncture. I did tweek the trigger spring, set it to my liking @ 1.5lbs, but I bench shoot now. These crosman's come pretty darn good right out of the box, they don't need much, usually its the shooter that needs the work     :)       

ham484

HAM

jdub

Quote from: ham484 on July 24, 2012, 05:47:29 AM
to each his own, ???
Agreed.  Everyone's needs are different.  I shoot indoors almost exclusively and don't need "max power" all the time.  And I'm sorry but for serious indoor target shooting airsoft is not an option.  :D

World class 10m match pistols, arguably the most accurate short distance air pistols out there, shoot in the sedate 400-500 fps range.

1377x

at indoor distances poa/poi have been the same for me 10 pumps or 20,.177 or .22 but im not trying to split hairs either
when i went from a 10" .177 barrel to a 14" .22 i didnt have to change the zero. my usual shooting distance was 10-15 yards
seems different with co2 though

jdub

Quote from: 1377x on July 24, 2012, 06:23:36 AM
at indoor distances poa/poi have been the same for me 10 pumps or 20,.177 or .22 but im not trying to split hairs either
when i went from a 10" .177 barrel to a 14" .22 i didnt have to change the zero. my usual shooting distance was 10-15 yards
seems different with co2 though
I've been shooting pneumatics for a long time and have seen results similar to yours with my multi-pump Sheridans/Benjamins.  At 10 meters and under the POI wouldn't change much with anything between 3 and 10 pumps.  It's just louder with more pumps  :)

Having only recently acquired the 2300S--my first C02 target pistol--I was worried about the variation in POI as the cartridge ran low.  It turns out that it really hasn't been an issue.  I haven't counted shots yet but I have noticed that I can usually hear the difference before I see a POI change, meaning that I can hear the pellet taking slightly longer to hit the target after firing.  At that point I know I'm almost out.

Admittedly this is at targets between 5 and 10 meters depending on where I'm shooting.  At longer distances I'm sure the POI would change much more significantly as the carts run low.

1377x

im shooting at about the same distances
i added a pre-load to my 2240 spring angled and opened the exhaust valve now i run out of co2 fast after about 20 shots the poi drops a lot
i can see why a power adjust makes a dufference when using a co2 gun

jdub

Quote from: 1377x on July 24, 2012, 05:39:32 PM
im shooting at about the same distances
i added a pre-load to my 2240 spring angled and opened the exhaust valve now i run out of co2 fast after about 20 shots the poi drops a lot
i can see why a power adjust makes a dufference when using a co2 gun
That's good to know.  I just barely got a 2240 and have actually dialed it back a bit with a 2300S hammer spring but it still goes through CO2 *way* faster than the 2300S.   I wonder how much of that is the spacer in the 2300S valve?  I do get a lot more than 20 good shots from my 2240.  I think at least 40.  I need to actually count sometime. 

One thing I've noticed and this may not be entirely accurate but the power adjusters all seem to be "power increasers".  Dialed all the way to the lowest setting they look about like a stock tube plug with regards to hammer spring position.   Is that an accurate statement?