What gun/guns are you waiting for

Started by Crosshairs, July 24, 2012, 04:11:51 AM

1377x

Quote from: tungam on July 24, 2012, 08:52:19 AM
I thought they were great.  Its always been the one airgun I really wanted to get familiar with.  However, after reading up on threads here and around the web I am wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew.  I do not have the capability to manufacture parts.They also sound like they are extremly sensitive.

We will see.  Hopefully I got a good one.  I really dont like the idea of sending it off somewhere.
none to worry parts are available! there is plenty of help and people who are very knowledgeable on the subject who fix'r' up for at a reasonable price if need be
closed mouths dont get fed

Serpents Den

hell, I'd love to own a Ruger P345 .45 ACP or SR40 .40 S&W... but then I still haven't gotten my pistol permit yet :(

joe k

been thinking of getting a 357 magnum or a 327 magnum.
joe

1377x

Quote from: Serpents Den on July 24, 2012, 10:41:56 PM
hell, I'd love to own a Ruger P345 .45 ACP or SR40 .40 S&W... but then I still haven't gotten my pistol permit yet :(
nice choices
i would like to get a fnp45 tactical

or fn 5.7x28
closed mouths dont get fed

sportquad

Well last week I ordered a 2300kt out of the custom shop but with a 3~6 week wait I kinds slipped and ordered a 2240 stock that will fill the void until the custom gets here.Thing the bug has bitten me HARD lol

RC1947

Nothing now, since my new springer arrived today.  Though I'm thinking an IZH 53M would be nice.  RC

Crosshairs

Quote from: RC1947 on July 25, 2012, 12:20:00 AM
Nothing now, since my new springer arrived today.  Though I'm thinking an IZH 53M would be nice.  RC

How's she shooting RC ?
                             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chongman

Quote from: RC1947 on July 25, 2012, 12:20:00 AM

I've been drooling over that pistol for awhile, really thinking I could maybe get one... collect some aluminum cans, some scrap metal....cut some grass...
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

RC1947

Except for the somewhat stiff trigger - and I'm on the look for some adventurous soul who can inform me of how to tune it - the Ruger is about as good as it gets.  It's solidly built, has nice open sights, and it's very accurate. I bought a refurb.  Looks new and works fine, and is shipped in a nice storage box instead of the blister pack.  RC

Crosshairs

Maybe there is a lighter spring you can get or do some polishing.
                                            Mike  8)

RC1947

Quote from: Crosshairs on July 26, 2012, 04:14:14 PM
Maybe there is a lighter spring you can get or do some polishing.
                                            Mike  8)

Overriding my hesitancy to dig into the trigger mechanism, I dared to take it apart, and it's a piece of cake.  First off, the mechanism is all metal, about 3/16" thick, and machined nicely.  No screws, the arbors the pieces rotate on simple push out of place.  There's a spring about 5/8" long which I compressed using a pair of pliers.  I also filed the contact points and used white lithium grease on all parts.  I'll shoot it for a while, and if it needs further tuning, I'll do it again.  Must be my lucky day, RC

BDS

Real, solid metal, Cool  ;) , they must have broken their "bent sheet metal trigger maker" machine that most of the Chi-com guns show up with  ;D
Brian

RC1947

The trigger mechanism is heavy duty, though the trigger itself is synthetic, but it too is heavy duty.  I've put more than 250 pellets through it. RC

Crosshairs

Cool RC i glad you took care of that trigger. But you still should polish everything as you already know it will smooth that bad boy out nice. Keep the pics coming. :-*
                         Mike  8)

Plekto

I really REALLY want Crosman to offer a .25 barrel on their custom shop offerings.  Just give us a drop-in barrel.