red dot

Started by ham484, July 24, 2012, 08:31:29 PM

1377x

imo your post didnt sound negative and you are correct someone will see the ad thinking they are getting a $60 that has a better dot than  $200 rd
then when they get the rd they will be in for a surprise
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

*******, since I posted the link to Amazon my scope went up ten bucks!  They must have known we were talking about it.....Bastards! 

1377x

Quote from: bradpsu on July 25, 2012, 11:51:25 PM
*******, since I posted the link to Amazon my scope went up ten bucks!  They must have known we were talking about it.....Bastards! 

bradpsu

someone washed my mouth out with soap!   ;D

crossliner

Quote from: jdub on July 25, 2012, 10:48:22 PM
I'm sorry about that.  I sure didn't mean to come across as knocking the quality of the sight--I apologize that it sounded that way.  iI was actually thinking that that particular sight looked much better on the gun and was very likely a higher quality than anything I'm using.

The reason I jumped in was because I had recently been searching for a better dot sight online and found a different sight listed as 1/2 MOA and it wasn't until I was about ready to order that I came across a review of the sight that reported that actual dot size as 5 MOA and the 1/2 MOA referred to the adjustment increments.  It ticked me off and I really do think it's deceptive.   

Thanks for letting me know my post sounded negative.  I'll be more careful.

The ultimate red dot for us I think.

http://www.ultradotusa.com/ultradotdist2010_006.htm

Mr. Quickster seems to have one on one of his Crosmans.

BDS

"The ultimate red dot for us I think.

Mr. Quickster seems to have one on one of his Crosmans."

That's a nice unit but...$220 U.S.  :D

It's like mounting a second Custom Shop Gun ($$$) to your first Custom Shop Gun!
Brian

1377x

bradpsu

Good God!  That ultra dot is $444 list and $264 on Amazon.....no thanks!  It better hit the bulls eye AND reload AND fire for you at that price!   :o

jdub

Quote from: bradpsu on July 26, 2012, 09:50:00 PM

Good God!  That ultra dot is $444 list and $264 on Amazon.....no thanks!  It better hit the bulls eye AND reload AND fire for you at that price!   :o
They're extremely popular with rimfire competition shooters.  Guys who are seriously into it.  Their Ruger MKII's are kind of like our 2240s and 1377s.  The Legos of the rimfire world  :)

BDS

Exactly, the guys with the Ruger .22's and the race-gun guys luv e'm... for us, pretty spendy stuff comparedto the base gun $$$.

Kinda like a $900 Schmidt & Bender or Zeiss rifle scope on a model 760  :D
Brian

Fronzdan

Quote from: BDS on July 26, 2012, 09:59:20 PM

Kinda like a $900 Schmidt & Bender or Zeiss rifle scope on a model 760  :D

Haha I bet somewhere in the world, there's someone doing that.

jdub

A little bit of coolness from the good people at Pyramyd.

I emailed them (Pyramyd) yesterday regarding the fact that the red dot sight bradpsu has was advertised prominently on their site as "1/2 MOA" and that I thought it was deceptive.  They replied this morning and said they agreed and they are going to change it.  They said it might take a few days for the change to take place but to watch for it. 

Nice.

1377x

thats good to know they read the emails and dont send a general response like "looking into it"

jdub

Quote from: 1377x on July 27, 2012, 04:42:22 AM
thats good to know they read the emails and dont send a general response like "looking into it"
Yeah, I've been buying from Pyramyd for many years and they've always treated me well.  Good people.

JEBert

QuoteThe ultimate red dot for us I think.

X2!  Someday...
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)