Williams peep sight on a pistol?

Started by jdub, July 27, 2012, 04:46:18 AM

jdub

Is anyone here using one of the Williams peep sights on their pistol?   And not a pistol setup with that's been setup as a carbine--just a straight pistol?

If so how do you like it?   I have a Williams peep on my Sheridan pumper and like it a lot.  At the same time I've tried flipping the rear sight on the 1377 and 2240 to use the peep sight and haven't had much success.  The front sight on the old Sheridan is a narrow blade while the 1377/2240 front sights are quite a bit thicker.  It's also harder for me to acquire the target using the stock 1377 peep.  I don't know if this is because the pistol sight is so much farther from my eye than the rifle sight.   

I'm just wondering if a much higher quality sight--like the Williams peep--would make a lot of difference.  I'm setting up another pistol and would like a good set of iron sights on it.  I have the excellent Crosman/Williams notched sight on my 2300S.  Just curious about the peep.

Thanks!

breakfastchef

I believe burnt09 did this on his 1377 and raved about the setup. He used to be active several months back, but has not been on the forum since then. Search out his posts. He was a pure iron sights kinda guy.
Larry