1377x

i cant stand safety's
i had left hand safties made they still get in the way
im done with safety's on the crosman pistols
non of my firearm pistols have a safety
closed mouths dont get fed

jdub

Quote from: woody67 on August 10, 2012, 02:56:27 AM
I always need a safety, because while im waiting to take a shot my trigger finger always has ADD and twitches and bounces on the trigger and i always pull on it while im walking around or waiting for the shot to line up. Im stupid, i know. I cant tell you how many times ive fired shots straight into the ground because of it. Always surprises me too.......but at Least i am insanely careful about where i have the muzzle pointed.
I agree with the original poster that manual safeties are not always necessary.  Finger control is something that needs to be practiced.  Many of the most popular firearms being sold for CC don't have a manual safety.  You pull on the trigger and the gun goes off.  From a very young age I've had it drilled into my head that your finger goes on the trigger as your sights line up on the target and not before.

Here's a quote from Tom Gaylord I just recently ran across while researching my IZH-53M (no manual safety):

As for the lack of a safety being a problem, I respectfully disagree. I don't think the pistol needs one. The shooter is the safety for any gun, and no mechanical device adds anything to improve safety.

Regards!

Trophyhunter49

What year did they stop puting the maginet on the bolt. I had one years ago like that , you could shot bb's in it.

Quote from: 1377x on August 10, 2012, 03:01:34 AM
i cant stand safety's
i had left hand safties made they still get in the way
im done with safety's on the crosman pistols
non of my firearm pistols have a safety
My theory is that you should not put your finger on a trigger until you are ready to shoot.  The only safety I ever paid any attention to is on a 1911 (real firearm).  It was customary to carry it in condition one and sweep the safety off as you were drawing it from the holster.  I have extensive experience with firearms and have just now gotten interested (again) in air guns.  If I ever refinish one of the Crosman pistols I will remove the empty holes.  I am a senior citizen type, retired from the military and civil service.  I admire your position relative to safeties.
Stranded in California.

Trophyhunter49

You are very rite your finger is the best safty in the world.no tuoch no fire!

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on August 10, 2012, 03:56:42 AM
What year did they stop puting the maginet on the bolt. I had one years ago like that , you could shot bb's in it.
I they were made from 1981 to 1988.  Crosman 1377 phase II.  The bb's worked very well.  The bolt had a magnet and you could load the pistol by dropping a bb down the barrel.
Stranded in California.

1377x

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on August 10, 2012, 03:56:42 AM
i believe until 1998 or close to it before switching over to bolt cocking

Quote from: 7624452 on August 10, 2012, 04:07:28 AM
My theory is that you should not put your finger on a trigger until you are ready to shoot.  The only safety I ever paid any attention to is on a 1911 (real firearm).  It was customary to carry it in condition one and sweep the safety off as you were drawing it from the holster.  I have extensive experience with firearms and have just now gotten interested (again) in air guns.  If I ever refinish one of the Crosman pistols I will remove the empty holes.  I am a senior citizen type, retired from the military and civil service.  I admire your position relative to safeties.
i dont put a finger on my trigger until im ready to shoot.i have a revolver and glock pistols none of which have a safety.today i was seeing if the scope was still zero'd after a good jolt
right when everything was lined up no shot due to the safety.i guess the way i hold the gun matters too.anyways no more manual safety for me >:( 2 years no safety no mishaps with my crosmans.no need now

Quote from: woody67 on August 10, 2012, 02:56:27 AM
I always need a safety, because while im waiting to take a shot my trigger finger always has ADD and twitches and bounces on the trigger and i always pull on it while im walking around or waiting for the shot to line up. Im stupid, i know. I cant tell you how many times ive fired shots straight into the ground because of it. Always surprises me too.......but at Least i am insanely careful about where i have the muzzle pointed.
You should try to get used to keeping your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, that is much safer.
Stranded in California.

Quote from: cmj21973 on August 09, 2012, 10:47:36 AM
All 1377's (new and old) have the rolled pivot pin originally.

Post a picture of the solid pin.
Stranded in California.

1377x

thats the same pin pin that came on both my early phase 1 & 2 1377's
the pin on my phase two got loose after i stretched the pivot hole.a mellon solid pin fixed it up

Quote from: 1377x on August 10, 2012, 04:46:48 AM
thats the same pin pin that came on both my early phase 1 & 2 1377's
the pin on my phase two got loose after i stretched the pivot hole.a mellon solid pin fixed it up
The 1377 is tight.  The new 1322 is so loose that I am not going to pump it any more until I install a Mellon solid pin.
Stranded in California.

1377x

mellons kit is good
i like the big ring seems to do something
i havent used the little ring.it does something else

Quote from: 1377x on August 10, 2012, 05:22:33 AM
mellons kit is good
i like the big ring seems to do something
i havent used the little ring.it does something else
The little ring will act as a bearing to reduce friction.
Stranded in California.

woody67

Quote from: 7624452 on August 10, 2012, 04:21:36 AM
You should try to get used to keeping your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, that is much safer.

Now that you point that out, im starting to think youre right. I will try that from now on. Thanks a bunch. Youre a peach.  :)

Quote from: woody67 on August 10, 2012, 06:04:15 AM
Now that you point that out, im starting to think youre right. I will try that from now on. Thanks a bunch. Youre a peach.  :)
I'm happy you did not get mad at me.  I mostly shoot firearms and I treat the airguns with the same respect.  Besides, it would probably hurt if you put a pellet into your big toe.   :-*
Stranded in California.