i need a show of hands and pics if possible

Started by 1377x, August 18, 2012, 02:08:03 AM

1377x

i have a couple of projects going right now.
how many people have a 13xx with steel breech and open sights?
lets see them?
im asking because i want open sights on my phase 2 1377 restore and cant recall all who have a 13xx set up like that.im assuming ill need a metal barrelband with sight
closed mouths dont get fed

1377x

Quote from: plasticclassic on August 18, 2012, 02:19:52 AM
oops just now noticed you said phase 2
any phase 13xx applies!
the only difference is how it is charged or cocked

jdub

Quote from: 1377x on August 18, 2012, 02:08:03 AM
i have a couple of projects going right now.
how many people have a 13xx with steel breech and open sights?
lets see them?
im asking because i want open sights on my phase 2 1377 restore and cant recall all who have a 13xx set up like that.im assuming ill need a metal barrelband with sight
My front sight had an LDC attached to it :)  I say had because this one is already in the hands of its new owner.

1377x

how did that work for you? this applies to all that post too

jdub

Quote from: 1377x on August 18, 2012, 02:53:07 AM
how did that work for you? this applies to all that post too
I liked it.  I had to make a wider front post.  That exact receiver, LPA sight, 12" barrel, and LDC now reside on my 2240.  I put the 1322 back to stock before I sold it.  At first I thought the length of the sight plane would be too hard to hold steady but it's not that bad--and that's a 7.5" LDC.  It's very accurate.

From this:

To this:

Serpents Den

IF I don't get one o' the GMAC brass breeches (or someone else that may be producing them) then there will be a steel breech on mine soon and will be sporting open sights... one of 4 projects I'm working on currently and it still has a stock breech :(

kb2rocket

Quote from: Serpents Den on August 18, 2012, 03:37:40 AM
IF I don't get one o' the GMAC brass breeches (or someone else that may be producing them) then there will be a steel breech on mine soon and will be sporting open sights... one of 4 projects I'm working on currently and it still has a stock breech :(

how this gun was done is very simular to what I am shooting for  :-*

plasticclassic

Here is mine with LPA mim sight and Chavka fiber optic barrel band, works great, there is room in the elevation setting of the LPA too for some up and down adjustment at longer distances with the sight post on that barrel band. I'm going about 5 - 10 meters usually with mine. Can't see why you couldn't go out to 20 yards or more though if your hands and eyes were steady.

1377x

this is the kind of info im looking for!
thanks
what no one likes the williams sights on their 13xx's?

jdub

Quote from: 1377x on August 18, 2012, 06:42:35 AM
this is the kind of info im looking for!
thanks
what no one likes the williams sights on their 13xx's?

I would have put a Williams on in a heartbeat if they were cheaper.   The LPA is nice but the Williams is easier to adjust.  Once the gun is sighted in there's not much difference.   Surprisingly the LPA has a wider notch though.

I got the LPA used for $25 so it was a no brainer.  The white dots aren't much use for shooting paper at 5m so I blacked them out. 

Now that I think about it though depending on where you hold your 13xx to pump the Williams could get in the way a little more.   It hangs over on both side and the back. 

Two other things to consider; the LPA can be real loose in the dovetail to the point you can see daylight under it when tightened (Brutuz pointed that out to me), and the Williams sits slightly lower on the left side on many receivers.  I don't notice either issue when shooting though.

jdub

Quote from: plasticclassic on August 18, 2012, 06:32:28 AM
Here is mine with LPA mim sight and Chavka fiber optic barrel band ...

That is a really sharp looking pistol!   Just a few tasteful brass accents.   Very nice.  :-*

1377x

plasticman
hows the p-rod trigger group treating you? modded hammer? or custom?

plasticclassic

This is the finest airgun I have ever owned, I believe the prod trigger with mellon hammer is the most part of it being that. It is a culmination of all the best parts I thought I could find of all kinds from end to end. It will shoot quarter sized groups for me at 8 meters two handed. Lots of you could do better I imagine. The trigger is so smooth anything else is a heavy cludge in comparison. You could say it has spoiled me for all other airguns not built to the same standard or firearms that aren't pre -1980's ish.

parts used:
Crosman long steel breech
LPA MIM sight
Michael Chavka sighted barrel band
RB walnut target grips and super pumper
Airgunsmith brass safety
Crosman prod trigger frame
Mellonair 1377 solid hammer, flow thru bolt, custom knob handle, FT valve-piston kit, solid pin kit

1377x

after having my p-rod trigger group for 3/4 of a year now,i can say im spoiled
i had a stock trigger group on my 2240 the trigger is mushy and gritty