unbelievable

Started by Allan, August 31, 2012, 07:55:27 PM

Allan

I bought a trigger shoe for my 1377 and when it was delivered  there was no wrench to attach it with..  I said  something only to be insulted telling me that they never promised one in their advert.  Well I lucked out and managed to find one, what irritates me is I have bought several for my rifles over the years and every one of the trigger shoes came with the wrench to attach it simply because it is an odd size wrench and not readily available.  I think providing the wrench comes under the category of customer service.

Well I have learned one thing is I can not trust that company anymore either that it means interrogating them like a criminal. One thing is for certain is my best interest is not their concern,   >:(

Sorry for venting needed to say something.
Allan

1377x

its nice when a wrench is supplied
i ran into the same problem
went to harbor freight their cheapest wrench set was $3 and has every size wrench needed
closed mouths dont get fed

Allan

Mine cost 4.50 euro  but found one..
I think these companies are interested only in money not quality care.
Allan

BDS

Can't be  a "true" Crosmaniac without a full set of T-handle hex keys, .032" thru .375"  :-*
Brian

Crosshairs

Look at the bright side you have the wrench now. I don't know what tools you have but if you don't have any you should look into getting some sets, im sure everyone in this forum ran into the same problem as you i for one. Now i have all kinds of tools for this hobby, and if your going to do any mods your going to need them anyway. There are cheap tools you don't need to go crazy spending.
                                        Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chongman

I love tools and have all types of them.

When I decided to get into air pistols I dedicated some tools like allen keys, screwdrivers and purchased a few. 

One thing I have found to really come in handy is this set...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELUXE-CHAPMAN-SCREWDRIVER-SET-8900-GUNSMITH-GUN-SMITH-/271043995804?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1b7b289c

Set is good stuff, made in the USA.

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

RC1947

Since taking up airgunning I have a serious collection of Allen wrenches; there's probably a story behind all of them.  I like tools too.  For a while, I repaired precision tools - good training for air guns. RC

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

jdub

Buy a good set of a brand like Wiha, in both SAE and metric, and you'll automatically toss the cheap ones that come with some of these parts because they're very likely to round off the screw and the wrench to first time you snug them down.

I can go either way on this.  If you're making parts do you want to throw in a dirt cheap crappy hex key and risk having the customer round the screw head or send the part without a hex key and hope that your customer has a decent set, or just charge extra and include a decent key?

chinaboy

My trigger shoe used the same wrench size that was supplied with my steel breech from Crosman.   I have a tiny screw driver kit and case with like 30 tops of all different sizes and keep my little wrenches in here.  Its very handy for working on the guns when you need screws of all different sizes.  It was like -$5 from the dollar store and is well worth it for these situations.

Allan

That is a nice set  need to look and see if I can find some thing like that over here,,  shipping and taxes can be a killer.
Allan

Allan

Brutuz  well they are not at the top of my list right now..
Allan

onebaddj

Watch what you wish for! My tool box has a whole drawer of allen wrenches with at least 10 of each size because everything used to come with one and i am so cheap i cant throw them away! Lol

Sucks when ya dont have that one size you need though then you have to stop, put everything away so nobody touches anything while you are going to get that one wrench. Or worse your wife wants to ride along then goes grocery shopping while your on a 5 minute parts run. 5 hrs later your too tired to build anything. Thats the worst.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

arkmaker †

Quote from: Allan on August 31, 2012, 07:55:27 PM
Sorry for venting needed to say something.
Allan

I feel your frustration, but WYSIWYG.....so I do not blame the supplier.
Most suppliers are not in the business of well, supplying tooling to outfit you.... just the parts they are selling. The only person I have seen offering an allen wrench (or any tool for that matter) with his parts is the guy selling re-bolt kits in our classified section.

Mostly all you need to mod these pistols is a few simple hand tools. Stock up.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22