WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

BDS

Quote from: PC77 on May 07, 2013, 12:39:08 AM
I wasn't going to buy anymore airguns but today i ordered Doomsday Bug Out kit from PA with 10% coupon.
pc

:D ;D ;D ;)
Brian

Viper1357

Quote from: Cwlongshot on May 07, 2013, 02:17:45 PM
Same story here brother! I may not shoot our summer leagues this year for just that reason!!! I have not missed a season since it bagan in 1994!! I have and can make the ammo, but with no replenishment in site do I really want to shoot it up?

I'm waiting on some BRASS BLING for the 2240!! ;)
CW

Exactly!  I too have 'some' ammo, but without available/affordable replenishment it's now like "a Sunday drive" special occasion to shoot them...

That said, I am finding air guns/pistols (Crosman mostly..lol) to give me some satisfaction and trigger time! 

So I figure I'll be seeing more air gun FEDEX/UPS deliveries coming my way for a while...  Seems to be the right time in my life to be coming back to what got me started 40 plus years ago. Just wish my eyes were as focused (bifocals, arrghh) and hands as steady as they were back then!   ;)

In any case, the 'basic' (save some mods.. lol) costs of air guns and ammo is very welcome in these times!!!  :-*
- Never said "I wasn't good with a pellet pistol", just said, "I didn't have much need for one."

Viper1357

Quote from: PC77 on May 07, 2013, 12:39:08 AM
I wasn't going to buy anymore airguns but today i ordered Doomsday Bug Out kit from PA with 10% coupon.
pc

Dang it!! I fell for the Saturday "Cinco-2013"  5% coupon for my Doomsday Kit..  :o  Well, at least I saved a little more on shipping just going over $150 total with a 2240 and some pellets in the mix...  :)
- Never said "I wasn't good with a pellet pistol", just said, "I didn't have much need for one."

BDS

Good man Viper... you are living up to our high standard of "going bankrupt, one airgun at a time"  :-*
Brian

YSYEO

Don't really know why, but this followed me home from a flea market.

OK, I know why, but I don't like to talk about my addiction  :-X

BDS

I hope it was a "flea" of a price?

Those things were sold everywhere for the longest time, Harbor Freight even had them!  :D

Is it in good or better shape?

Watch the fingers!
Brian

YSYEO

Quote from: BDS on May 07, 2013, 10:24:28 PM
I hope it was a "flea" of a price?

Those things were sold everywhere for the longest time, Harbor Freight even had them!  :D

Is it in good or better shape?

Watch the fingers!

It looks to be new old stock.  If it was shot, nobody wiped off the anti-rust gunk, or removed the sticker.  Shoots around 680 fps with Crosman wadcutters.

As to the fingers, the instructions state that: "Triggering cannot release piston when the pellet chamber of barrel is open, so it can avoid any possible accidents and will not cause damage to the working parts, nor hurt the people." 

I will still be careful of my people.   :)

BDS

:D  ;D  ;D

Reminds me of my first Sam Yang big bore waaay back when... the english instruction sheet  said "it will fulfill the fascination of removing the beast from the land" or.. in Texas, it's a critter gitter!

Some lil Korean guy must have had his Engilsh to Kanji book out and typing away!

Reminds me of my Japanese boss explaining the poor housing market in Japan, "my house is priceless" he would tell me, he meant it wasn't worth a hoot! price-less, less?
Brian

Rex Havoc

Quote from: YSYEO on May 07, 2013, 10:49:40 PM
It looks to be new old stock.  If it was shot, nobody wiped off the anti-rust gunk, or removed the sticker.  Shoots around 680 fps with Crosman wadcutters.

As to the fingers, the instructions state that: "Triggering cannot release piston when the pellet chamber of barrel is open, so it can avoid any possible accidents and will not cause damage to the working parts, nor hurt the people." 

I will still be careful of my people.   :)

While you're "watching your people" they fail to state "watching your fingers" when you cock and load. It's very inportant on those cheap springers. Hold the cocking lever with your left hand bracing the stock against your body, holding the pellet chamber open while you insert the pellet. There have been occasions where not holding the lever has smashed fingers when it closes suddenly.

Remember, the operative word here is "smash".

YSYEO

Quote from: Rex Havoc on May 07, 2013, 11:06:34 PM
While you're "watching your people" they fail to state "watching your fingers" when you cock and load. It's very inportant on those cheap springers. Hold the cocking lever with your left hand bracing the stock against your body, holding the pellet chamber open while you insert the pellet. There have been occasions where not holding the lever has smashed fingers when it closes suddenly.

Remember, the operative word here is "smash".

That's exactly the way I load it. 

When they wrote people, I assumed they meant these:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdIYPjak9H0#]Here is the church, here is the steeple, open the doors and[/url]

onebaddj

Just ordered some new pellets a bipod for my Romanian PSL (Dragonav sniper rifle) and some silicone lube for my hill pump. I am going to lock up my phone because with boredom comes parts and guns!
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Oldgringo

My Crosman Doomsday Kit from PA arrived this afternoon.   :)  :-*

DaveB50

Quote from: Oldgringo on May 08, 2013, 01:27:23 AM
My Crosman Doomsday Kit from PA arrived this afternoon.   :)  :-*

Nice, Let the fun begin.
Dave
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

PC77

pc

Dang it!! I fell for the Saturday "Cinco-2013"  5% coupon for my Doomsday Kit..    Well, at least I saved a little more on shipping just going over $150 total with a 2240 and some pellets in the mix... 

Nice order you are getting some nice guns and goodies. Before i order from PA i always google PA coupons before i order to find their best coupon code. I know what you mean about not wanting to shoot what ammo you have. I have a lot of 54R and 8mm but i like shooting my 1022 and Mini 14. I want hang on to what 22 ammo i have. I load my own 223 but bullets and primers are hard to come buy these days! T he good news is i have a lot of 38sp and black powder and lead to cast balls. And i have air guns i can shoot every day.
pc

YSYEO

Have a Caldwell Lead Sled Solo on the way.