WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 29, 2014, 03:28:08 PM

I did a personal assessment one day and realized that I leave my variable power scopes set to a single power (often the highest magnification) 99% of the time. I seriously considered the 10x44 for my AA s200. Optics are excellent, objects tend to snap into focus readily, and the SCB reticle has lots of aim points. If you spend most of your time shooting from the bench at known distances from your target, a single power scope is perfect. I ended up with the 3-12x44 Viper because I wanted the versatility of variable magnification in the event I want to 'play games' or try some long range target shooting in the future. If you ever fall in love with a scope and actually keep it for more than a month, the MTC might very well be the one.

Hi Mr. Larry I really like the MTC's features..How clear is it really? Might go for the 16x Mamba Lite because it is not heavy.

I have a another relative arriving from Seattle on the 1st week of April so I need her to bring at least 2 scopes for me.

Regards.

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on March 09, 2014, 08:39:34 AM
Hi Mr. Larry I really like the MTC's features..How clear is it really? Might go for the 16x Mamba Lite because it is not heavy.

I have a another relative arriving from Seattle on the 1st week of April so I need her to bring at least 2 scopes for me.

Regards.

The MTC is the highest end optics I currently own. I compared images with a Hawke Panorama and Clearidge RM. The image was equally as bright as the other two scopes. Edge-to-edge focus was better on the MTC, plus, I felt the image snapped into focus much better with the MTC.

The tactical-style turrets are easy to use and adjust. The sidewheel moves smoothly, but would need to be fitted with a larger wheel if you want to resolve distance much past 40 yards. All three scopes passed a box test at 10M with flying colors.

Weight is one downside to the MTC Viper. For a benchrest or FT gun, this is not a huge problem. Turret height is another factor to consider if you are fitting a Viper on a field gun.

I've read good reviews about the Mamba/Mamba Lite, and would think it would be a fine scope.
Larry

vertguy

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 09, 2014, 03:19:28 PM

I've read good reviews about the Mamba/Mamba Lite, and would think it would be a fine scope.

I just picked up a Mamba Lite 12 power for my Verminator and although I have not had much opportunity to really test it, it is by far the nicest scope I have owned. I can't wait to really stretch it's legs once the weather finally warms up.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

crossliner

Thank you Mr. Larry. I am already excited to see mine but its a fixed power 10x and onboard a slow boat that is why I am planning to get another one, a variable mag this time. Sounds very nice these MTC scopes. Mine will be the first in the Philippines. Not too many have heard that it is available in the US but I have told them already.

Mr. Vert that is a deadly combo you have there a very nice pcp w/ optics of almost equal caliber. Could you please post a pic w/ the scope on top of your FX? Thank you.

vertguy

Quote from: crossliner on March 10, 2014, 12:52:05 AM

Mr. Vert that is a deadly combo you have there a very nice pcp w/ optics of almost equal caliber. Could you please post a pic w/ the scope on top of your FX? Thank you.

Check out this thread I started as it has a couple pictures. Let me know if you need any additional info.

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,13697.0.html
PC77
FX Verminator .22

mudduck48

200 CO2 carts from Red Rock. John gave us air gunners a great deal for his Lealand carts. 200 for $80 shipped. That is .40 each. Beat that Walmart. These carts are the ones our military use. And the carts have a safety cap on the end. The carts get in a fire, they do not blow up, just safely release the gas. I like .40. Been paying .54 at Wally world. :-\ :-\ :-* :-*
http://www.redrockminnesota.com/servlet/the-198/200-12-Gram-Unthreaded/Detail
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

KevinP

I have been looking to see if he is going to have 450 sale again ... I think is was for $140  ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

mudduck48

Quote from: KevinP on March 10, 2014, 09:50:01 AM
I have been looking to see if he is going to have 450 sale again ... I think is was for $140  ...
I talked to John last week and he said that someone went to Lealand and bought all they had made at the time. He only had 200 left so he put out the 100 count. He must have gotten some more in to offer the 200 count. You could call him and ask when he will get some more 450 count boxes in. And that was 450 for $144 shipped. That is .32 each.  Call him, nice guy. 218-245-2534
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

KevinP

A Grant Stace roller trigger  ...   :) :-\
Kevin
Albany, New York

breakfastchef

JMJinNC made me do it with his wicked enabling...Daisy Avanti 853M, used, from CMP

This all started when I began planning to build a Bell Target. I needed an accurate, low-power rifle with open sights. But more on that later.

Larry

KevinP

Wait ....   you went from building a bell target and it turned into a 853m ...   :-X :o

;D you be the King  :D
Kevin
Albany, New York

targettgii

Funny how that happens.Nice purchase Larry. :) :) :)
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

bgmcgee

Quote from: targettgii on March 10, 2014, 10:30:56 PM
Funny how that happens.Nice purchase Larry. :) :) :)
Ain't that the truth. Should be a fun accurate shooter.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"