WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

BDS

Well... the 250 XT finally showed up last night and initial impressions are GOOD!  :-*

Haven't shot it seriously yet, just a co2 cart and some BBs into the pellet stop box to insure it functioned on the bench so to speak. Took 5 shots across the chronograph and it averaged 463 fps. Tore it down using the take-down latch etc and it is very well done inside, investment type castings and zinc plated steel throughout. It is nicely lubed as well. The trigger pull is 3.6 pounds using my digital scale, and unlike so many BB pistols that also use the retracting barrel feed system, I could detect little or none of the usual "stacking" and linkage feedback in the trigger. The bore is BRIGHT, as in it looks darn near chrome plated! I pushed some Avanti precision BBs through the barrel and their was a fair amount of resistance from breech to muzzle. Nothing like a pellet would show with a rifled bore gun but, I was just trying to see if the larger (.176/.177 diameter) Avanti brand BBs were a good fit and to insure that BBs didn't just roll though the bore and fall out. Happily, the bore passed this test full stop. Note: the take down process is quite straight forward but... in putting it back together you have to insure that the hammer toggle is retracted into the grip correctly and more importantly, that the barrel lugs and alignment post mate up in the correct rotation with the receiver. Mind you, there are no "loose" parts to mess with, each component (frame, bolt and barrel assy) remains intact unto itself, no bits and springs to mess with and get lost. Given the visual quality and design quality I found inside this gun, it is hard to believe that they sell this thing for $75 US !?!?

Oh... and as I suspected, the rear sight is adjustable for windage! :-\  It is similar in it's design to the Walther CP88 set up, a horizontal dovetail is cut across the main tube and the sight is retained by the mating angle and a center set-screw that causes it to "lift" into that groove. I suspected this when I found the KJW diagram on line last week and the parts diagram showed the set screw but, it showed no mating hole for it in the main tube. Suspicion happily confirmed, Voila! An adjustable sight that neither the owners manual nor the Pyramyd Air website show, in fact Pyramyd list this gun as fixed rear sights, what!? Dare I say that we hobbyists are smarter than the stores that sell these guns? Yes!

Tonight after work I will be getting her prepared for some Saturday 10 meter shooting and some photos. I'll be back with some data and target pics and gun pics afterwards.
Brian

breakfastchef

Quote from: rws_53 on July 16, 2014, 04:37:08 AM
should be on the truck tomorrow...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1405472630/For+Sale-+CROSMAN+Pistol+From+Yesteryear

Had my eye on that one. Price was very good for the overall condition of the pistol and the box.
Larry

breakfastchef

Quote from: BDS on July 18, 2014, 03:01:37 PM
Well... the 250 XT finally showed up last night and initial impressions are GOOD!  :-*

10M range report is what I am looking for. How does it feel in your hand?
Larry

BDS

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 18, 2014, 04:18:15 PM

10M range report is what I am looking for. How does it feel in your hand?

Me too on the range report! I'm really hoping that this thing groups like the videos I have seen. 10 meters will be the proof test for sure.

And it has just the right weight and balance IMO, much like the powder burner MKIII.

The faux "slide" is a little loose fitting (doesn't affect anything other than my sensibilities) so, I'm going to shim it for a slight press fit and also polish the breech port surface to a bright metal finish.
Brian

Old Dog

Looking forward to more info on this pistol, might just have to have one :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

BDS

PDF version of the KJW MK pistol, aka Hatsan 250XT.  http://www.kjworks.com.tw/photo/13842336283.pdf

The manual text is ridiculous but, the parts list and diagram is waaaay more than Hatsan or PA provide  :-*

Brian

rws_53

Quote from: BDS on July 18, 2014, 03:01:37 PM

Oh... and as I suspected, the rear sight is adjustable for windage! :-\  It is similar in it's design to the Walther CP88 set up, a horizontal dovetail is cut across the main tube and the sight is retained by the mating angle and a center set-screw that causes it to "lift" into that groove. I suspected this when I found the KJW diagram on line last week and the parts diagram showed the set screw but, it showed no mating hole for it in the main tube. Suspicion happily confirmed, Voila! An adjustable sight that neither the owners manual nor the Pyramyd Air website show, in fact Pyramyd list this gun as fixed rear sights, what!? Dare I say that we hobbyists are smarter than the stores that sell these guns? Yes!

Tonight after work I will be getting her prepared for some Saturday 10 meter shooting and some photos. I'll be back with some data and target pics and gun pics afterwards.

another unmentioned feature...adjustable hop up

rws_53

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 18, 2014, 04:15:12 PM

Had my eye on that one. Price was very good for the overall condition of the pistol and the box.

I imagine the engraving on the receiver turned off many potential buyers....

BDS

Quote from: rws_53 on July 18, 2014, 07:46:54 PM
another unmentioned feature...adjustable hop up

Actually... No, that Taiwanese manual is a joke (but the parts list and diagrams are good) that hop-up is on/in the air-soft version, not the 4.5mm steel BB version, here's the PA link  http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/KJ_Works_MK1_Gas_Non_Blowback_Airsoft_Pistol/916
Brian

Old Dog

This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

rws_53

Quote from: BDS on July 18, 2014, 11:25:03 PM
Actually... No, that Taiwanese manual is a joke (but the parts list and diagrams are good) that hop-up is on/in the air-soft version, not the 4.5mm steel BB version, here's the PA link  http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/KJ_Works_MK1_Gas_Non_Blowback_Airsoft_Pistol/916

The parts list shows a hop up on both the BB and Airsoft.  So there is no hole on the top of the receiver to adjust a small hex screw on the BB model?

Also check this out...a guy on PA is asking about adjusting this screw on the BB model....which i assumed would be the hop up adjustment.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_250XT_TAC_BOSS_CO2_Pistol/3392#QA

YSYEO

Just stocking up on a little ammo for the non-airguns 

OldPegLeg

You can't change the past or the future.
Live for TODAY!
Ron

PRod Double, .22, TKO, Austin grips
Marauder .22, synthetic, TKO
Marauder .177, wood, TKO
Mac-1 1322, 18", Austin grips
1377, 18" carbine w/mods
Crosman 99 (FS)
RWS 45, .177 (FS)

BDS

Quote from: rws_53 on July 19, 2014, 03:44:54 AM
The parts list shows a hop up on both the BB and Airsoft.  So there is no hole on the top of the receiver to adjust a small hex screw on the BB model?

Also check this out...a guy on PA is asking about adjusting this screw on the BB model....which i assumed would be the hop up adjustment.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_250XT_TAC_BOSS_CO2_Pistol/3392#QA

Yes there is a hole but no screw. The receiver is the same casting on both guns. Hop up is an air soft thing to add spin for distance like a golf ball. But, if some guy is asking on the internet, it must be real  :D ;D ;D
Brian

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T