WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

KevinP

Sterling, looks like fun times ahead  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Congrats on the lathe Sterling. You're gonna be pretty busy now.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

RC1947

airriflenut

Thank you guys!  I'm proud to have it, though, never having machining lesson one it's gonna take a few days to get things figured out!  ??? ???  I've been turning some 6061 round bar this morning trying the different bits, speed/feed rates  ??? but I'll get there...eventually!!

I may be getting old, have a body that is limiting me but I still have ideas, dreams........and determination!!  :-*
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

Monkeydad1969

Stand in line, boys!  I'm first!  :-*
Joe
Aurora, CO.

airriflenut

Quote from: Monkeydad1969 on March 07, 2015, 01:14:32 AM
Stand in line, boys!  I'm first!  :-*

Now you know one-off parts, well, ummm...they usually ain't cheap!!  :D

But, ifin you could find me and the Mrs. about 50 wooded acres with a creek (squirrels love hardwoods with a creek) and maybe a pond or two on it (give the Mrs. a can of red wigglers to keep her out of my hair so I can make these one-off parts undisturbed) with a nice double-wide on it then I would give considerable thought to extending you a significant discount...say 10 percent off said parts.  ;D ;D ;D
Sterling

Monkeydad1969

Joe
Aurora, CO.

airriflenut

UPS delivered the XY table and two 3" vises today.  I underestimated the height of the two combined but I think I'll still be able to manage what I need to do.  I'd thought about getting a floor drill press but my 90+- square foot shop is already packed as full as it can get!  A verticle mill would be much better but this route was about $500 cheaper.  If I get too crowded, my wife also has her slice of the shop, the alternative is run about 125' of 10-2 to the old kennel, patch/repair/coat the corrugated roof, rip out and replace the ceiling, wire as needed, insulate, etc.  About a $1500-$2000 job.  Oh yeah, if I did that I can't forget to put in a window on the north and east walls that face the woods...a deluxe ground blind within a shop where squirrel killers will be made!!!

Sterling

Monkeydad1969

Again, I say, I am first in line.  :-*
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Old Dog

Looks like a lot of fun coming on Sterling, GOOD ON YA  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

tinker

How did Joe get in front of me?

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

airriflenut

Quote from: tinker on March 07, 2015, 07:54:31 AM
How did Joe get in front of me?

Glen

Ahhh, he thinks he is ahead of you!  But let's keep that just between the two of us!!  Oooh crap, I think I just thought out loud again!!!
Sterling

KevinP

;D 2 funny ... what are you going to make for me ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

airriflenut

;)
Quote from: KevinP on March 07, 2015, 11:13:48 AM
;D 2 funny ... what are you going to make for me ?

Hmmm, I don't quite know yet, I don't even know what all I'm gonna try to make yet.  As the"cranial flatulence" subside I'll have a better idea.  Joe's on the first of the list since I'm going to need a guinea pig for.my first part.  Okay, I really need to quit saying what I'm thinking.  :-X :-X
Sterling

crossliner

Quote from: airriflenut on March 07, 2015, 11:06:11 AM
Ahhh, he thinks he is ahead of you!  But let's keep that just between the two of us!!  Oooh crap, I think I just thought out loud again!!!

Haha lol you guys are on a roll! Good luck gents   :-*