WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

Noah

Quote from: MaxPow3r on March 11, 2016, 04:36:35 AM
I was looking for parts for my new 1377 and ended up ordering a 1322 from Mac 1.  After talking with Tim, he helped me better understand the different mods and helped me balance the trade offs. I went with a 14" barrel, Gen II Brake, upgraded valve, FT piston, accuracy mods including the trigger and extended bolt probe. Should do over 600 fps with lead ammo at 12 pumps.  :-*  I ordered it last night and it shipped this afternoon  :D  I had already ordered the LPA rear sight for the 1337, so I can stick it on either gun. I am super excited. I will work on modding the 1337 myself, but it'll be nice to have the professionally made 1322. The smileys on this forum crack me up.   :-\

Unlike most folks on this forum, I have ten thumbs and can't really do anything productive in terms of modifying 13XX and 2240 platform pistols. Luckily, many peeps on this forum have helped me along the way. I love to shoot them, but I just don't know how to work on them too well. I can do the basics, but sometimes I am in utter and complete amazement as to what some of our CAPOF members are able to do in terms of making parts, fixing things and simply creating better shooters. Hats off to all of you. I'm eager to learn but unfortunately for me, it is a process that has taken MUCH longer than it should.

Having said the above, sometimes I'd prefer to just simply buy an already-modified rig and just go shoot!  :-*

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

MaxPow3r

Thanks Noah; I was afraid I was the only one  :-X
MAXPOW3R

quickster47 †

Quote from: MaxPow3r on March 11, 2016, 04:36:35 AM
I was looking for parts for my new 1377 and ended up ordering a 1322 from Mac 1.  After talking with Tim, he helped me better understand the different mods and helped me balance the trade offs. I went with a 14" barrel, Gen II Brake, upgraded valve, FT piston, accuracy mods including the trigger and extended bolt probe. Should do over 600 fps with lead ammo at 12 pumps.  :-*  I ordered it last night and it shipped this afternoon  :D  I had already ordered the LPA rear sight for the 1337, so I can stick it on either gun. I am super excited. I will work on modding the 1337 myself, but it'll be nice to have the professionally made 1322. The smileys on this forum crack me up.   :-\

Anything Tim does is going to be excellent so we all know you will be exceptionally pleased.  Post up some pictures when your new toy arrives.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

quickster47 †

Quote from: Noah on March 11, 2016, 05:08:02 AM
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It's a viable story and nothing wrong with it.

Not everyone was cut out to be a neurosurgeon.  After I lost my first six patients I knew it was not for me.   :P

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Gary

mudduck48

O-BOY! Lots more ammo. Good job. :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Trophyhunter49

RC1947

Those should keep you busy.  RC

Gary

Thanks guys. Yeah RC, it should last for awhile...probably a bit longer since the weather is breaking enough for me to get some tractor time in.

quickster47 †

Got a new Gippeto brass piston in the mail today.  Going into my Backpacker 2289 rebuild in the next week or so.

This piston is awesome and meets or exceeds any brass piston I've ever seen.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

MaxPow3r

how far along are you on the Backpacker?
MAXPOW3R

quickster47 †

Quote from: MaxPow3r on March 11, 2016, 11:58:17 PM
how far along are you on the Backpacker?

Not too far.  I've already done some of the simpler stuff to it but during the next phase I'll be doing some more of the serious power improvements.

I really like the Backpacker.  It is dead on accurate and for a lot of the pest control shooting around my 45 acres it is just about perfect.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Gippeto

Always good to see things have arrived. :)

2289 is a fun one to play around with.....

Al

quickster47 †

Nice shooter Al, and I do like that snazzy 'Lightning Bolt' stock.  :-*

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

MaxPow3r

I agree and  I also like that muzzle brake. Carl I have the same thought in mind. I'm making a backpacker out of the 1322 I ordered from Mac-1. Last night I ordered a fore arm and some other goodies from Davivo. Not sure which package will arrive first. I feel like a kid at Christmas.   :-\  Boy that Davio has a great sense of humor. He had me laughing my ass off last night as we emailed back and forth about my order.
MAXPOW3R