WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

mudduck48

What's in my FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?
More Crosman parts. 8)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on March 30, 2016, 03:38:39 AM
The only thing is Carl I'm runnin out of room to put it all !  ;D ;D ;D ;D Looks like I'm going to have to get back in my wood working shop and make some more cabinets to store it in !  ;D ;D

Well if you need a place to store it temporarily or even permanently, just ship the stuff up here to Tennessee and I'll put it in my temperature controlled West Wing storage facility at no charge to you.  :P

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: quickster47 on March 30, 2016, 03:47:28 AM
Well if you need a place to store it temporarily or even permanently, just ship the stuff up here to Tennessee and I'll put it in my temperature controlled West Wing storage facility at no charge to you.  :P

Carl
;D ;D :-*

CraigH

UPS Freight Shipping delivered a new lathe - Grizzly Industrial 7X14.  It's similar to a 7X12 I had about 10 years ago.  About 85% cleaned up and in place and now performing the spindle run-in process.  Then tuning the various parts.  I have to slow down - really want to start cutting and crowning some barrels, tuning and making valves, FTP's, stock adapters, etc, etc, etc!
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: CraigH on April 05, 2016, 02:29:37 AM
UPS Freight Shipping delivered a new lathe - Grizzly Industrial 7X14.  It's similar to a 7X12 I had about 10 years ago.  About 85% cleaned up and in place and now performing the spindle run-in process.  Then tuning the various parts.  I have to slow down - really want to start cutting and crowning some barrels, tuning and making valves, FTP's, stock adapters, etc, etc, etc!
;) Wel you know that here we get to try out the parts you make for FREE !!    ;D ;D ;D ;D

quickster47 †

Craig that is one nice looking lathe.  And I'm sure in your mind are a thousand things you want to do and build with it.

So let the party get started and get after it.  Can't wait to see the first production piece.  :D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

CraigH

Well, I wish I knew that a month ago!   :D      Requests respectfully evaluated.   ;)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: CraigH on April 05, 2016, 03:27:40 PM
Well, I wish I knew that a month ago!   :D      Requests respectfully evaluated.   ;)

Craig,c'mon.  I'm here about 20 minutes away.  Surely you can evaluate some new parts for a fellow statesman.  :o
Joe
Aurora, CO.

CraigH

I'm sure we can waste some stock - I am (rather was 10 years ago) better with metal than wood, the latter tends to frustrate me more.   :-X
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

quickster47 †

I went and took another look at my 7 x 14 lathe and yours is much larger looking.  Could be the close up photo or it could be that it is an industrial style/type lathe.  Anyway, that is a good size lathe.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

CraigH

Carl,

It is a standard mini-lathe with its benefits and, well, the unpleasantness.  Yes, it is the closeness and the cropping that makes it look substantial.  Also the latest 7X14's from Grizzly have a bigger tailstock, one of the reasons for that choice.  The spindle run-in was rather concerning; the headstock got much hotter than I expected.  And rather rough turning afterwards, probably the headstock gears - spindle runs true.  It feels better today, but I will be watching for problems.  Pretty good cross-slide and compound right out of the box.  I can generally pick, or have picked for me, the problem unit out of a pile.

What vendor/importer is yours from?  (You can change this to OT or Machining if appropriate)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

quickster47 †

Last post on the lathe and then returning control to UPS/FedX/USPS stuff.  ;)

Craig mine is an older Micro Lux that I've had for 10 years.  it continues to work very well for most everything I do.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus