WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

CraigH

Bill,

I have never tried the lead BB's.  A friend of mine ordered a tin; a bit pricey as I recall.  When he gets back from vacation I may try a few.  The only issues I can see would be that they are precisely sized and the velocity would be a bit slower.

It is certainly true that steel BB's can be a problem with ricochets.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

oldgearhead

I had a real 1930's Mauser Luger, and I shot it a lot. I did not like the empty brass falling down jamming the action or hitting the top of my head. The Ruger Mark I/II were more pleasant to shoot..
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

Old Dog

Quote from: CraigH on June 27, 2016, 01:16:26 PM
Bill,

I have never tried the lead BB's.  A friend of mine ordered a tin; a bit pricey as I recall.  When he gets back from vacation I may try a few.  The only issues I can see would be that they are precisely sized and the velocity would be a bit slower.

It is certainly true that steel BB's can be a problem with ricochets.

I have ordered a tin of the lead BBs, and they are pricey, I wondered if the feed lips on the Umarex P.08 might be magnetized to hold the BB while chambering thus needing the steel BBs... Mine is supposed to be delivered Fri and if the lead BBs arrive about the same time I will have the answer...

Wishing ALL A GREAT DAY :) 
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on June 25, 2016, 06:54:16 PM
  Got this on the way from Walmart Umarex Legends Blowback P08 CO2 Pistol, Full Metal for $77.40 + free shipping!!  PA has the same gun for $109.99 + $7.99 shipping !!!
It came in today !! :) :) :) :) :) Pics. and range report coming later !!

Old Dog

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on June 27, 2016, 08:32:01 PM
  It came in today !! :) :) :) :) :) Pics. and range report coming later !!

GREAT, mine is coming in Fri, I have also ordered the Excite copper clad lead BBs which will be in Fri Also, will let you know about the lead BBs ...

CraigH

The two Umarex pistols I have do not use magnetism to hold the BB - it is a press fit than holds the BB.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

Old Dog

Quote from: CraigH on June 28, 2016, 12:29:48 AM
The two Umarex pistols I have do not use magnetism to hold the BB - it is a press fit than holds the BB.

I am keeping my fingers crossed CraigH, Thanks for the info :)

Bill :)

rws_53

Zoraki stock for my Webley Alecto

bought it here Zoraki Modular Stock

quickster47 †

Quote from: rws_53 on June 29, 2016, 08:05:18 PM
Zoraki stock for my Webley Alecto

bought it here Zoraki Modular Stock

Interesting looking and very functional looking stock.  Hard to find some items like that for the Alecto so nice score.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Old Dog

Received my Umarex P.08 Blowback this morning, it is amazing looking as to fit and finish will post more after working with it  :) :) :)

Bill :)

JC1

A Crosman 2240, co2 cartridges, 22 cal pellets, steel breech and a red dot sight. Would have done more but I had maxed out my social security check. Now all I have to do is figure out how to buy groceries for the month.  :)

JC

mudduck48

I hear that. I use cans and bottles at the recycle for extra money. :)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

CraigH

Bill,

I was pretty sure you would like it.  Nice packaging too.    :)
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

Old Dog

Quote from: CraigH on July 03, 2016, 02:23:11 AM
Bill,

I was pretty sure you would like it.  Nice packaging too.    :)

Yes it is Craig, can't wait to try it out going to clean and lube it prior to first use...

Have A Happy and Safe 4th :)

arkmaker †

Came today, just in time! Down to about 50 each of the AA .22 & .177's. Been out of the JSB 7.3's for a while. They are fantastic in my Discovery and 1740  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22