WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Old Dog

Quote from: CraigH on June 28, 2016, 12:29:48 AM
The two Umarex pistols I have do not use magnetism to hold the BB - it is a press fit than holds the BB.

Hi Craig,

My Umarex P.O8 blowback has arrived and is a fun shooter, you said it, the feed lips are for sure a press fit and the copperclad lead BBs work great, I do wear safety glasses when firing it but have not had any ricochet BBs yet...

The toggle action is very smooth with a nice bit of recoil feel, no Chrony info to share, very happy with :)

Bill :) 
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

JC1

:) My 2240, pellets, steel breech and co2arrived yesterday and couldn't wait to shoot it, Gosh it is amazing how accurate such a inexpensive pistol is. Now when the adapter for the gero sight comes in I will go to work. The trigger has to be honed and the steel breech installed when that is done I will save a little money to add other things to it.

Thanks for the suggestions on what I should do.

JC

rangerfredbob

The easiest no cost trigger modification is to simply take off one grip panel, remove the spring you see and compress it until it has about 1/8" of preload when installed. I usually compress the springs in my fingers but pliers or something would be easier... a lot of people cut the spring but that makes them stiffer (more pounds per inch of compression) so I prefer to over compress them. Of course, the spring length can be modified to your feel, if you went too far just stretch it out a little more or the other way if needed... It's a very coarse spring so there's lots of room for error :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

JC1

Thanks for the advise. On my 1377 I put a 22 short casing in the spring and cut off part of it, but I like your suggestion better, I will still put the 22 casing in so the spring will not buckle but I dd not think of overcompressing the spring. Thanks for the suggestion.

JC

DRAGON64

Items I have coming for my pistol field target project: (2) BackPacker forearm grips, (2) 1701P Grips, (2) complete stainless steel hardware sets, (1) adjustable sear spring, (1) RP valve and (1) Boss Buddy transfer port coming from Alchemy Werks.  Should arrive on Monday the 18th!! 
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

CraigH

Before having installed 1701 grip assemblies, I have used a #16 hardware store spring with one coil removed to fit better (less bowing).  Do not have a trigger scale but that is much lighter and works well, but there is still some of the "factory installed" inconsistency.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

oldgearhead

Years ago Crosman did have a slotted- for-sear spring guide on top of the spring. Model 150 I think..I have been considering the 1701 assembly. However, I have no issues with my current trigger set-up. My PC77 carbine has a 'fat sear' and an adjustable lower spring guide from Davio. I'm quite happy with it.

Disclaimer: I am not a rifleman, but I have used many different triggers in the pursuit of flying objects: release trigger, release-pull, and double-release.
Also, I'm so old I've been to live bird (pigeon) shoots..
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BillK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lighter-trigger-spring-with-guide-for-crosman-1377-1322-2240-2250-/221792631123?hash=item33a3def953:g:lzYAAOxyD5pRJThX

I have this in my carbines & rifles.  Pistols, that I want to shoot off hand, I have the 1701 grip frame trigger assy.
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

WyoMan

HW 45 in Black Star trim... landing scheduled for tomorrow.  :-*... Been waiting a year for this score
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

bgmcgee

Quote from: WyoMan on July 21, 2016, 04:05:42 AM
HW 45 in Black Star trim... landing scheduled for tomorrow.  :-*... Been waiting a year for this score
Well.worth the wait I'm sure. Congrats.  :-* :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

JC1

What are the benefits of the 1701 grip frame trigger assy? It appears to be almost the same as what is stock 2240. I do like the trigger spring and guide and think that I will order one of those.

The pistol is working fine shooting very accurate for me but I have no way to measure how hard it is shooting except how far the pellet will go into a piece of plywood. I do have to do some more work on the trigger as it is still quite hard to pull but it will come around.

Thank all of you for the advise that you are giving. It is greatly appreciated.

JC

CraigH

The 1701P (and 1720P and Marauder pistol) grip frame assembly is very different.  It is a two-stage, three-way adjustable design.

Attached image is from a forum post.   There are many discussions on the forum regarding this trigger.
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

RC1947

Quote from: WyoMan on July 21, 2016, 04:05:42 AM

Yes, you finally got one of the finest air pistols available.  Have fun,  RC