WHAT's IN YOUR FEDEX/UPS TRUCK?

Started by BDS, September 24, 2012, 05:18:22 PM

RC1947

Quote from: rws_53 on March 19, 2017, 12:24:54 PM

I have the non-ultra version in .22.  Very accurate, hard hitting handful.  I plan on some outside long range shooting once the white stuff disappears and it's warm enough.  RC

rws_53

Quote from: RC1947 on March 20, 2017, 01:09:39 PM
I have the non-ultra version in .22.  Very accurate, hard hitting handful.  I plan on some outside long range shooting once the white stuff disappears and it's warm enough.  RC

I've been looking for a .22 Zoraki (Alecto) Ultra (extended bbl) for quite a while and finally found the one I ordered on Amazon.  I've got factory left hand grips and stock to put on it.

The white stuff in ND is just about all gone....much too early...I wasn't done riding snowmobile yet.

RC1947

Quote from: rws_53 on March 20, 2017, 04:15:23 PM

I've been looking for a .22 Zoraki (Alecto) Ultra (extended bbl) for quite a while and finally found the one I ordered on Amazon.  I've got factory left hand grips and stock to put on it.

The white stuff in ND is just about all gone....much too early...I wasn't done riding snowmobile yet.
I figured you would enjoy the snow to last through your travels.  I think you'll enjoy the pistol.  I preferred the Ultra, but when I saw that Webley was discontinuing the line I grabbed what I could, and at a very modest cost.  Really nice shooters.  I really have nothing better, only different, and more expensive.  RC

Brutuz

No problem, enjoy your new carbine  :-*
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

Old Dog

UPS just emailed me that I will be receiving my Mrodair CP-1M Target Pistol .177 cal from their LIMITED TIME SUPER SALE tomorrow Apr 4th.

Looking forward to it, more difficult shooting now, super dominated right eyed and handed, right eye going away will be learning left eye right hand shooting  :( 
Oh Well, what next at 86 years old and a bit of the shakes, still on the green side of the grass, surgeries, cancer and bad heart  :-*

But the most positive of all CAPOF to read every day  :-* :-* :-*
Bill  :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

cobalt327

Quote from: Old Dog on April 03, 2017, 10:31:33 PM
UPS just emailed me that I will be receiving my Mrodair CP-1M Target Pistol .177 cal from their LIMITED TIME SUPER SALE tomorrow Apr 4th.

Looking forward to it, more difficult shooting now, super dominated right eyed and handed, right eye going away will be learning left eye right hand shooting  :( 
Oh Well, what next at 86 years old and a bit of the shakes, still on the green side of the grass, surgeries, cancer and bad heart  :-*

But the most positive of all CAPOF to read every day  :-* :-* :-*
Bill  :)
Bill, don't know your eye situation, but without a doubt the best thing I've done for helping my shooting and overall enjoyment of life is getting cataract surgery!

I'm fixing to join you- my CP-1M just came today. I already have a Crosman 2400KT, so I went w/a .177 Mrodair pistol this time. Slumming. haha But I couldn't pass up this gun for a little over $100, and that includes shipping and an extra magazine. I haven't shot it yet, raining here and turning colder.

A couple opinions- YMMV
Downsides:

• I think it may need a barrel band (or not, if free floating it works well enough).
  • Also I don't care for the grip. I like a full size grip and all, but this is like holding a potato w/the wood from a mouse trap nailed to the bottom. I've seen a few online that looked good after being reshaped and refinished, so I might just spend the down time reworking it. The wood lacks any figure, at least I think it does, but hard to tell because it's a mud finish that tends to hide both the good and the bad. But the finish has to go, so fingers crossed there'll be something underneath worth the work!
  • And I'd have preferred it to have a pressurized tube, not the cartridge sealed to the valve so bulk filling would be easy.
  • Then there's the repair/replacement parts situation- I asked them if parts will be available and I got zero response from Mrod, but those who posted that they asked for a specific part seem to have gotten what they needed. Almost as if they're parting out guns for the spares instead of having a stock of parts on hand ahead of time- but that's a WAG on my part.
  • Aftermarket support is sorely lacking even though very similar guns are also available from SPA/Snowpeak.

Upsides:

• The low cost (which is a biggie).
  • Overall good looks, good fit and finish.
  • Good balance.
  • Decent open sights
  • Decent trigger pull- 2 lbs. 2 oz. on mine. The trigger does have too much pretravel but quite manageable as-is and I expect it to be just fine in all regards after a little work.
  • Another big up is the left side bolt.

Old Dog

Thanks for the reply Cobalt, wish it was cataract been there done that a number of years ago, was great, now macular degeneration, eye Doc says just going to get worse until ???

Enjoy your comments on the pistol looking forward to tomorrow, I hope I get the left side bolt handle also, I have a few pest birds that I will try the left eye right hand approach on :)
I do know you know I mean the birds sitting, not on the fly  ;D ;D ;D

Have A GREAT One !!!
Bill :)

CraigH

Bill (Old Dog);

Sorry to hear of the macular degeneration.   I have had retina disease for 30 years - nothing worse.    :(
Craig
Lone Tree, Colorado

With freedom comes a terrible responsibility

Old Dog

Thanks for your post Craig, getting old is certainly not for sissys ;D ;D ;D

KevinP

I am left eye dominant, right handed ....

I just hold gun , ifo left eye....
has worked for me for years ( well all my life )

Kevin
Albany, New York

Old Dog

Quote from: KevinP on April 04, 2017, 04:46:36 AM
I am left eye dominant, right handed ....

I just hold gun , ifo left eye....
has worked for me for years ( well all my life )

I have tried that and it does work, I was an IPSC shooter for a number of years, many years ago and my trained reactions even now are being tough to change but I am working on it :)

KevinP

For 30 years I was director of firearms training for
a big department and the training academy.
You can also train yourself to shoot with
both eye's open ( not that easy to start )
but, as my eye's are also fading I find it is more easy ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

oldgearhead

Clay target shooters overcome this problem using a piece of tape or 'dot' over the sight picture of the left eye, if you want to shoot with both eyes open and are  left eye dominate..Of course a trap-shooter needs to keep both eyes open. Also, over-under shotguns are difficult for right handed shooters who are left-eye dominate  because the can't help but look down the under barrel..
J-B or GooGone?
Tissue test and Q-tips
JSB Exact or LUM-77?
Longer barrel?

KevinP

You are right on ....  ! :-*  but

when shooting rifle or shotgun I have always used my right eye. 
Never owned a left handed one .....
Kevin
Albany, New York