Why can't i stay logged on

Started by Crosshairs, October 02, 2012, 01:31:34 PM

Crosshairs

Every time i sign in i click on the box always stay logged on. Every time i go back to get on i need to log on again anyone else having this problem. Im also getting a message from McAfee that someone is trying to hack into my PC. This only happens when im on this forum.
                                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BigErn

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 02, 2012, 01:31:34 PM
Every time i sign in i click on the box always stay logged on. Every time i go back to get on i need to log on again anyone else having this problem. Im also getting a message from McAfee that someone is trying to hack into my PC. This only happens when im on this forum.
                                               Mike

Mike if your computer restarts often this will happen everytime.

1377x

only if i dont click stay logged on
i take that back
my computer is set up to clear the history every time i close the internet.when i open it back up all my passwords and sites i was logged on to before have be logged onto again
dont know to change it so when i go offline the logins stay.now i turned off the clear history .i stay logged in but every couple-few days i have to clear the history manually then log back into all the sites again
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Quote from: 1377x on October 02, 2012, 01:43:21 PM
only if i dont click stay logged on
i take that back
my computer is set up to clear the history every time i close the internet.when i open it back up all my passwords and sites i was logged on to before have be logged onto again
dont know to change it so when i go offline the logins stay.now i turned off the clear history .i stay logged in but every couple-few days i have to clear the history manually then log back into all the sites again
This just started to happen i always stay logged on.did not change any settings.
                                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

you might want to run a security scan

RC1947

I've had the same problem elsewhere, and hadn't done anything computer-wise either.  Each time I tried to post, it would bring up the login page.  It seemed to correct itself. RC

KevinP

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 02, 2012, 01:47:03 PM
This just started to happen i always stay logged on.did not change any settings.
                                            Mike

You have to many guns ... send me some and see if the problem goes away ....  ???
Kevin
Albany, New York

jdub

Check your browser cookie settings.  Your login info is stored locally on your machine as a browser cookie.  When you go to a website it checks for its cookie and if it's there it uses that info to log you in.  If it's not there is doesn't know who you are.

It's possible to clear your history without clearing cookies but some browsers clear them be default. 

1377x

Quote from: KevinP on October 02, 2012, 06:52:45 PM
You have to many guns ... send me some and see if the problem goes away ....  ???
and if that doesnt work send me some too
your problem might go away like that
keep us informed

Brutuz

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 02, 2012, 01:31:34 PM
                                               Mike

Our website scan:

Like others wrote, deleting a cookie can sort it. If not check your browser settings. Other tips given could benefit too... computers... :-[
My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well