HELP with 1377

Started by Trophyhunter49, October 05, 2012, 11:46:52 PM

1377x

so does that mean a bic lighter wont have that o-ring? the bics i get here arent adjustable
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on October 07, 2012, 05:44:31 PM
so does that mean a bic lighter wont have that o-ring? the bics i get here arent adjustable

Bics are too nice to destroy anyways. I'm buying one of the clear cheapies.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

not when they are empty
the flint spring in a big is a lot better than the spring from a cheapo

Tater

Goodpoint. I just threw out a bic a few days ago too.   >:(
Are the o-rings different in bics compared to cheapies?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

same thing i want to know i have a spent bic gotta go to the dollar store and get a 7pack of cheapos
i should start selling o-ring top seals.at 15 cents a lighter $2 a top seal delivered should sell with a safetu spring included ;)

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on October 08, 2012, 02:12:32 AM
same thing i want to know i have a spent bic gotta go to the dollar store and get a 7pack of cheapos
i should start selling o-ring top seals.at 15 cents a lighter $2 a top seal delivered should sell with a safetu spring included ;)

There ya go.   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

JEBert

Some Bics are adjustable and others aren't.  I have only found O-rings in the adjustable lighters but most of the cheapo lighters I have found are adjustable.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

cmj21973

Quote from: 1377x on October 07, 2012, 05:44:31 PM

Only the adjustable flame lighters  have the o-ring.

crossliner

Everytime I see thrown disposable lighters I pick them up take them apart for their innards. The cheapo ones are very cheap here at P5.00 / $0.11

This rubber thing looking like a screw is also from a disposable lighter..This simple mod has eliminated the slack on my 3 Crosmans so now they are a true single stage trigger..If you would notice while cocking the gun the trigger exhibits a nodding motion right? If you squeeze it slowly there is always this terrible sluggishness. Now this domehead rubber thingy  being pliant creates just the right tautness and puts your trigger in a semi-tensioned state making it crisp..On my 1377 the thickness was just right but on my two 2400KTs I did a bit of fine-sanding (#1000 sandpaper) as the sears won't engage..I dunno if anyone has ever done this before but I tell you it really works

0351_Vet

@Crosshairs
How do you secure it to the trigger tang (contact point) ?
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

crossliner

Mr. Vet it's crossliner baby and not Mr. X'hairs aka AIRGUN HOARDER EXTRAORDINAIRE  :D..It is glued on..Use the tip of a pointed stick as it needs an infinitesimal amount. The small disposable lighter o-rings work fine too and also that flathead rubber that has a tail..It is round but it has a tail that you need to cut off..I like this dome-shaped  rubber though. Best regards.

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trophyhunter49

What ever or when ever it works and is very hard to get it on the transfer port. But when you do it WORKS :-*

1377x

thats why i use a transfer port gasket split into two o-rings
there is a line that runs through the gasket in the center.i get a brand new razor blade drag it along the line presto two top seals

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on October 15, 2012, 09:03:21 AM
thats why i use a transfer port gasket split into two o-rings
there is a line that runs through the gasket in the center.i get a brand new razor blade drag it along the line presto two top seals

I love this idea, but one question for you:
I assume that after cutting it the "flat" side would face down and the rounded surface up? Or maybe it doesn't make a difference?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs