What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

HappyHunter

I like the look of that! :-* :-*

Adding the riser will be the icing on the cake... 8)
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

cobalt327

Quote from: BillK on April 04, 2017, 02:48:17 AM
PM me your address and I'll send you a 760 front sight.  I have a few and no real need.  It is definitely higher that the 2240 front sight.  And the price is right $0.00 ;)
That's a very generous offer, thank you!

cobalt327

Quote from: cobalt327 on April 04, 2017, 04:29:35 AM
That's a very generous offer, thank you!
@BillK After a week and a half of playing mail tag w/the USPS, the sight you sent me is finally here! They wanted a couple pence more for postage, I gave that to them in the envelope they provided. Couple days later I get the envelope back w/o money but w/the same form they originally sent. My fault for not filling it out along w/printing my name and signing it, and checking several boxes for preference of delivery days, etc. What a hassle for something that should have been a done deal at day one.

The sight will be installed soon, I'll post some photos. The gun is now using a red dot and the sight I'm going to use on it is now on my Daisy 499, of all things. But I want to try a red dot on the 499, so when I get the time I'll swap things around and see what the results are.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Mark

BillK

Glad you got it & sorry for shorting the postage.  Sure didn't mean to do that to ya. :-[
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

cobalt327

That was nothing at all, more of an inconvenience caused by the USPS red tape. The sight's cool, though. Can't wait!

Multigunner

The 357 phase one revolver I resealed is now working just fine.
There was a slight very slow seepage at first but that corrected itself after several shooting sessions on uncommonly warm days.
From now on when I reseal a CO2 gun I'll be sure all the metal parts are warm to help it establish a gas tight seal.

I got more than 70 accurate shots from one cylinder even after leaving the gun alone for several hours half way through the shooting session.

The main spring seems very weak to me, and while velocity is fair I suppose I'm going to try to increase the spring tension to try for higher velocity and hopefully more accuracy when using pellets. As is I don't think the pellet skirts are sealing to the rifling very well.
Accuracy seems better, and certainly more consistent when using BBs.
I have four six round BB cylinders so that's no biggie. The action operates more smoothly and locks up more precisely when using the six shot cylinders.

I have two of these 357 revolvers, I'll finish up the other one later on.

arkmaker †

1740 10" new build.
Started with a new 2240 and sent from there. Still needs a LDC or MB. Shot 2 carts over chrony yesterday. As it is, I'm getting an average of 500 fps over 35 shots using Winchester RN 9.7 grain pellets. Would like it to read 45 shots even if I have to give up 10-15 fps and to flaten the curve a little bit. Still need to burn through a few more carts to find the right pellet. The Winchesters group pretty good, but the RWS Diabolo Basic's show promise also. Well, it is a start.....
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

arkmaker †

Safety chain up top, but still need to add a strap to the bottom. Waitig on a digital scale and then I'm good to go for filling the 9 & 20 oz tanks and hopefully very soon the 88 gram tanks.  Yes, I spray painted it camo green, in place and made a mess of it, but the sheet rock is set to go up and will cover up the mess on the framing ;-)

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BillK

That is really cool Rich.  Does this mean you will be doing some bulk fill conversions? ;)
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

cobalt327

Maybe slide some insulation in behind it.

arkmaker †

Yes on insulation. I've been talking about finishing off the inside for a while. I have the $, just need to hook up the trailer and buy the insulation and drywall. Been side tracked to  many times.

Yes to BULK FILL!!!
I converted the Fusion over to bulk fill and have a 2240 with a 14" barrel that has one of the powerlet eliminators from GMAC in it, So there are two that I can shoot right away. I need to get with Mike Baker about a fittting for my 114 or one for the old C02 tank. Either way, it would be nice to shoot that again. And, I can always load up the Disco with gas, but I have it shooting just about right on HPA that I shyed away from the temptation. I saw over on the AA classified that there are some club Avanti 888's for sale. I am very tempted to grab one of them. I alway wanted one and I am not getting any younger :-)

BillK

I have been hard working on changing grips.  Replaced some SC wood grips with some SC synthetic grips.  Worked so hard I forgot to replace the CO2 tube cap. :-[

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Multigunner

Rebuilt repainted and re sealed the 38T junker I got off Ebay awhile back. just test fired it, it's accurate and doesn't leak, looks pretty good as well, very nice grips with no scratches. This is the one I picked up for a friend.

Tomorrow I plan to strip it down once more to give it a deep midnight blue paint job to try to mimic higher grade gun bluing.

The grip frame has some casting flaws which I need to fill in anyway.
An old trick for filling in small dings and dents without bondo is to take a spoonful of talcum powder and spray some paint into the cap of the can and mix both till its a creamy texture. Use this as filler. It does shrink a bit as it dries so it takes several applications. When finished just spray over it with the same paint.

Depends on how I feel later, it actually looks okay as is, a flat black outdoor enamel that resembles parkerized gun metal, like a military spec finish.

Ken

Quote from: BillK on July 07, 2017, 03:37:39 AM
I have been hard working on changing grips.  Replaced some SC wood grips with some SC synthetic grips.  Worked so hard I forgot to replace the CO2 tube cap. :-[

IIRC when I saw those grips they were advertised as being pearl white. If my memory is correct, do they appear to be that when looking at them in person?
Ken