What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

1377x

sweet!
if you have a droid phone get the chrony app its pretty close to the regular chrony readings
wish i could make my own parts
soon enough i guess ;)
on way or another i'll pull a lathe out of my hat :)
closed mouths dont get fed

droid

Decided to put my SSP-250 back together. It has been sitting in a drawer for ages in bits. Needs some work done on the cosmetics but other than needing a doofer it is ready to go now.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

rangerfredbob

I have an i-phone 3, so I don't think there'll be an app for it... but if there is... I have a coworker with a crony, might see if I can borrow it.

I had to drag my lathe home from work today to finish the work (tired of the gun sitting apart in my office at home) since I haven't had enough time at lunch to make the parts... we still need the lathe at work next week (it's been there since February I think) so I have to drag it back again on Monday...

Oh, I also changed the angle of the exhaust port in the valve, while I was there with it apart, why not go all out :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

1377x

the for the chrony app is posted here cant remember the name of the thread
use the search and type in chrony app

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on December 15, 2012, 09:44:41 AM
the for the chrony app is posted here cant remember the name of the thread
use the search and type in chrony app

Here's the thread:

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,9476.0.html
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BigErn

I was up until 2am last night polishing my wire stock  :o 

1377x

Quote from: BigErn on December 15, 2012, 03:27:13 PM
I was up until 2am last night polishing my wire stock  :o 
lets see it!!! :)

BigErn

Quote from: 1377x on December 15, 2012, 04:43:38 PM
lets see it!!! :)

Here you go Ed. It looks much better in person, I will take some new pics soon when it's mounted!

RC1947

Fine work, and I enjoy a nice Pinot. RC

BigErn

rangerfredbob

No Chrono Connect for the I phone, just a simpler app for airsoft or archery (should have got the archery one, it had an energy calculator), no luck getting anything that looked reasonable out of it either, need something louder to hit at distance...

To the pics:

In the first one you can see the custom piston and pivot pin (all I had was a regular nut for the other side, but it isn't going to come off...), if you look close you can notice the funny looking area behind the O ring, that's the "oil rings" which seem to be working as there's still oil over there... The second pic is just an overview of the gun and my back yard...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

1377x

1377x

Quote from: BigErn on December 15, 2012, 06:30:14 PM
Here you go Ed. It looks much better in person, I will take some new pics soon when it's mounted!

good job bigern!!! :-*
you can tell a lot of work went into the shoulder piece
where did you get your stock from?

rangerfredbob

Quote from: 1377x on December 15, 2012, 08:42:58 PM
nice work on the cusom parts! :-*
oil ring is a good idea!
maybe you build one that incorporates ans felt ring like this one
http://www.lowes.com/pd_199035-1366-35233_0__?productId=3369384&Ntt=felt+washer&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dfelt%2Bwasher&facetInfo=

Thanks, that was the original idea, and will probably be incorporated into the next one. I was also going to put a second O ring in the back to help the metal on metal, had a couple other ideas I didn't have the energy to implement too :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

1377x

Quote from: rangerfredbob on December 15, 2012, 08:59:24 PM
Thanks, that was the original idea, and will probably be incorporated into the next one. I was also going to put a second O ring in the back to help the metal on metal, had a couple other ideas I didn't have the energy to implement too :)
good idea
when you see the metal pistons with delin rings or whatever delrin parts thats the reason for them