What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

YSYEO

The Domino Effect took me back into my son-in-law's 38T.

Adjusting the hammer to engage the sear in single action affected the clearance for the trigger as well.  I was getting a "catch" in the trigger in single action mode.  I had to adjust the clearance between trigger and hammer at the points shown below.  You have to reassemble to test, as the fit changes with the cover on.    Adjust, assemble, test, disassemble, repeat, etc.

That adjustment then affected the timing in double action mode causing pellet jams.   So I had to swap out the bushing shown below for one of slightly larger outside diameter.

I stole the larger bushing from a recently acquired 38T that is apart for reseal, so I will likely have to power up the lathe and make a new one when I tackle that project.

Good thing I enjoy learning new things.

BDS

Yup... the o'l timing/indexing problems, comes with the "six gun" type systems unfortunately but, you have it figured out exactly right  :-*
Brian

1377x

tried sighting in a couple scopes today but the -4*F made for some terrible shooting.if my stock was metal my face would have froze to it like the kids tongue stuck to the pole in a christmas story
plus i guess the gas in it froze too a little bubble developed in the lens after the gun warmed up the bubble disappeared
closed mouths dont get fed

HappyHunter

Tore apart my newly acquired, cheapo, Beeman P17 to clean the gunk out of the barrel as well as polish/lube trigger components and compression tube/piston. For a cheap ($50 Canadian) plinker, I was amazed at how accurate it is! Super quiet and completely recoiless...perfect for basement plinking  :-*

Gonna have to put a red dot or scope on her though, my poor old eyes ain't what they used to be... ;D ;D

On a side note: after I cleaned the barrel, I tried a little experiment and sprayed the inside of barrel with Release-All as it is a great rust inhibitor/lubricant. Wiped off the excess, reassembled and picked up an additional 27 fps... 8). Don't know how long it will last, but after 150 shots or so, it is still shooting at a (cough, cough) *blistering* 434 fps (compared to 407 fps before spraying barrel).

I know, Ed - it's not eezoxx, but still works really well!  ;D ;D ;D

Todd

EDIT: Hey! With this post I just officially became a "Crosmaniac:!!! (Gotta celebrate the small victories, you know...)

Watch out, Ed - I'm closing in on your post count! lol...
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

BDS

Nice shooters, $40 at Pyramyd Air and 90% as good as the Beeman P3 for 400% less!
Brian

HappyHunter

Quote from: BDS on January 22, 2013, 03:24:47 PM
Nice shooters, $40 at Pyramyd Air and 90% as good as the Beeman P3 for 400% less!

Yup!  :)

Never owned an over-lever pistol before. I must admit - I like it!  :-*

Todd
Todd

BigErn

DaveB50

That's a nice looking gun Todd, when you say accurate, just how accurate is it?
As for what I have done, I ordered a CCS 2400 and bought a 2240 to shoot while I wait for it. I lightened the trigger pull by cutting the spring half a coil and restretching it. Trigger pull is now about a pound, I don't have a scale so I used KY windage to estimate it. ;)
Dave
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

1377x

Quote from: HappyHunter on January 22, 2013, 03:20:06 PM
Tore apart my newly acquired, cheapo, Beeman P17 to clean the gunk out of the barrel as well as polish/lube trigger components and compression tube/piston. For a cheap ($50 Canadian) plinker, I was amazed at how accurate it is! Super quiet and completely recoiless...perfect for basement plinking  :-*

Gonna have to put a red dot or scope on her though, my poor old eyes ain't what they used to be... ;D ;D

On a side note: after I cleaned the barrel, I tried a little experiment and sprayed the inside of barrel with Release-All as it is a great rust inhibitor/lubricant. Wiped off the excess, reassembled and picked up an additional 27 fps... 8). Don't know how long it will last, but after 150 shots or so, it is still shooting at a (cough, cough) *blistering* 434 fps (compared to 407 fps before spraying barrel).

I know, Ed - it's not eezoxx, but still works really well!  ;D ;D ;D

Todd

EDIT: Hey! With this post I just officially became a "Crosmaniac:!!! (Gotta celebrate the small victories, you know...)

Watch out, Ed - I'm closing in on your post count! lol...
congrats you crosmaniac!
release all ??? im going to have to look into that
congrats on the new shooter to.i see the beeman p-17 in posts quite a bit
stay active you'll catch up ;)
didnt realise i passed the 11111 mark cant wait until i hit the 12345 mark ;D ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

HappyHunter

Quote from: DaveB50 on January 23, 2013, 02:40:31 AM...when you say accurate, just how accurate is it?

Well....I doubt anyone will try out for a spot on the Olympic team with one ;D, but not bad for a $50 pistol.

My rest wasn't the sturdiest - I should have put the gun in a vice to show its full potential, but you get the idea (I traced a dime for the bullseye's):

Scope was zeroed with Meisters', then used the same POA for all pellets - not very picky at all!!

8)

Todd
Todd

DaveB50

Nice shooting there Todd, it seems to be pretty accurate.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Tater

Quote from: DaveB50 on January 23, 2013, 08:50:56 PM
Nice shooting there Todd, it seems to be pretty accurate.

Definitely. What distance did you shoot those groups from?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

bgmcgee

The new scope came in today. So I put the centerpoint on the 2100 and the new Mueller on the blue streak.  I didn't think the centerpoint was that bad until comparing it to the Mueller.  What a difference in brightness.  The Mueller, which was 50.00 more has to be twice as bright and clear over the centerpoint. The centerpoint  isn't a bad scope for the money but for just a little more the Mueller is way better.  Got them both sighted in. The blue streak is putting them in the same hole at 40'. Love it. The 2100 not as good guess I need to try some different pellets and see what it likes.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

arkmaker †

Quote from: Tater on January 23, 2013, 11:24:36 PM
Definitely. What distance did you shoot those groups from?

Target says 10 meters
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

breakfastchef

Quote from: HappyHunter on January 23, 2013, 06:41:58 PM
Well....I doubt anyone will try out for a spot on the Olympic team with one ;D, but not bad for a $50 pistol.

Nice! I like the results.
Larry