What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

quickster47 †

Really looks nice.  How does the front post work out with the Archer rear sight?  It does look pretty 'kool' perched on the breech.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

cmj21973

Quote from: YSYEO on January 31, 2013, 02:42:34 PM
The 38T in the picture is a late model .177. with a plastic cylinder.   I just checked my 38Ts, and a similar late model .177 has less space showing.   I also have an early .22 with metal cylinder and it shows even less space.    I guess it's just individual variation.   The trick is to adjust the barrel on a case-by-case basis for smallest clearance that does not cause drag on the cylinder.

For the 38T & 38C the barrel is shimmed .004 from the cylinder, before tightening the barrel set screw.

ped

might have to adjust the height of the front post and i might make the notch a bit bigger carl but it all lines up nice
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

droid

Quote from: ped on January 31, 2013, 10:42:59 PM
fitted a rear sight to my boss 2240 repeater it's the same as what archer airguns sell ,i also started making a gas cap but the cutter bit in the lathe :-[ so back to square one i think i'm going to buy a stainless one
ped

Sweet Ped  :-*

I have got a DC front and rear cap is SS (same design as originals) I can do a you a deal on.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BigErn

Quote from: ped on February 01, 2013, 12:02:52 AM
cheers chongman i'm really happy with how it's turning out can't wait for the tko trigger to come so i can sort the trigger pull out ,it's well naff at the mo
ped

That's gonna look soooooo good with the TKO trigger ped! Can't wait to see that  :-*

DaveB50

I installed a long steel breech, 007 Tri-Wing cap and williams peep sight on my 2240. The breech was the old style with the small screw in the rear position, so I had to mod the Hammer so it wouldn't shear the screw. I also had to add height to the front sight, as the williams peep in the lowest position still had me shooting 2" high at 20'. I hot glued a small piece of a bamboo BBQ skewer to the top of the blade, then blackened it with a sharpie.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Tater

I drilled out to lengthen each side of the slot in the stock 1377 sight to be able to lower it further. Also drilled three holes in the front lip of my pellet trap o hold three golf tees. These are to hold up army men and plastic dinosaurs.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

brz-ryder †

Not really work but i started making a drawing of the CO2 tube so when my 12" brass tube comes monday i can start making it into a CO2 tube for my 2240  :)
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Figuarus

Finished up my first pistol mod.

I can't show the internals, but i replaced my "custom" valve out with another stock unit until i can afford to buy a FT piston and valve.

here is the finished product. i like the way it came out. needs a few more hours of polishing and maybe a brake to fit the barrel. it just looks kind of dorky with nothing on the end of it...

Sorry guys, these were taken on an Iphone, so I apologize for the picture quality

I found a cool front grip to go with the rear stock I purchased on Ebay. Also, note the stock barrel band that I carefully cut out using a dremel and razor blade. The new barrel band i got off ebay was just a rinky-dink plastic junk part that didn't do the job. I would suggest an aluminum one, but it will have to wait until later.

I was hoping to finish this up, but i don't have the appropriate facilities to finish the polish job.

This is where i need to find some 1" scope rings to give me more area to place my pellets...
To the Oquirr Hills for awesome thrills!

mudmobster

not a pistol but i mount a new red hunting light to my storm.

chongman

Looks right dang sharp Figuarus  :-*

Take an electric drill, strap it down with something so it won't get away from you. Buy a cheap polishing kit for it and do the frame up nice and shiny  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Bill L.

Quote from: chongman on February 04, 2013, 02:43:40 AM
Looks right dang sharp Figuarus  :-*

Take an electric drill, strap it down with something so it won't get away from you. Buy a cheap polishing kit for it and do the frame up nice and shiny  ;)

X1. Also if you want the plastic grip cover shiney go to a auto parts store and buy some stainless rocker panel tape.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

cheewee

just broke a tap off in the hollow probe i made, man it WAS looking fine too.
ok time to get some ss that i can work with.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

1377x

i mentioned earlier that i did some work on a stock transfer port
i took some 330 grit sandpaper rolled it up very tight and stuck it in the dremel havent measured the difference yet but it opened up the transfer port easy and fast
closed mouths dont get fed