What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

chongman

Quote from: Davio on March 02, 2013, 05:01:14 PM
20 upgrades is conservative. ;)

Ed, I gotta do something!  Chongman been kicking my butt while I had my head down.  I gotta raise the stakes.   :)

;D ;D ;D In this case, snooze you bruise!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Davio

Quote from: chongman on March 02, 2013, 05:18:40 PM
;D ;D ;D In this case, snooze you bruise!
Yeah, but kicking my jewels until YOUR feet hurt???    ;D ;D ;D
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

ped

Quote from: droid on March 02, 2013, 10:52:33 AM
Been working on the secret project gun again ;)

Ped, once i get the hex breech screw out I bin them every time.

Slot head screws will be out to you Monday mate.
cheers gary this is the first time i've had a problem with breech screws (well apart from a s/h tube that somebody had retapped m4)
how long before we see the S-P-G?
that looks a nice set up davio i was a shot blaster for 6yrs at a commercial paint shop its one job i wouldn't want to do again our set up was for blasting hgv trailers prior to painting
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

JEBert

QuoteSorry, Carl.  You said tell me something about and I told you allot about.
Bottom line of what Carl said was "I want one." :)

Quotei was a shot blaster for 6yrs at a commercial paint shop its one job i wouldn't want to do again our set up was for blasting hgv trailers prior to painting
And you used SHOT for that?  What kind of trailers was that?
I worked on heavy tank trailers for 12 years and the guys that blasted them used sand, outside!
That was one job I didn't want.  I usually worked inside the tanks, welding.  That is probably part of what's wrong with me, mentally and physically.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Bill L.

Quote from: Davio on March 02, 2013, 04:56:32 PM
Sorry, Carl.  You said tell me something about and I told you allot about.  Here you go, buddy.  :)

http://micronblaster.com/Micronblaster/About.html

Thats a nice little blaster.I wish I afford one but I can't so I will just have to keep using my HF cheapey,It works--sorta.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

ped

Quote from: JEBert on March 02, 2013, 07:01:47 PM
Bottom line of what Carl said was "I want one." :)
And you used SHOT for that?  What kind of trailers was that?
I worked on heavy tank trailers for 12 years and the guys that blasted them used sand, outside!
That was one job I didn't want.  I usually worked inside the tanks, welding.  That is probably part of what's wrong with me, mentally and physically.
Cheers,
in the uk shot blasting is a general term for all types of media blasting we used to use a blast media called stone grit(slightly coarser than sand)
previous to being a "shotblaster" i spent 9yrs as a welder my last job was building trailers/tankers
ped

mackelby

Just put a 18" barrel on my 2289. I really think the gun looks better with that barrel. The barrel band doesn't seem to like it. Letting the barrel move when I am cocking it. I think it is moving it enough that one shot shoots like it should the next shot is very weak. I think the barrel is moving enough to move the transfer port enough to let air get by. Put TKO trigger kit in it also.

droid

Quote from: ped on March 02, 2013, 06:55:01 PM
cheers gary this is the first time i've had a problem with breech screws (well apart from a s/h tube that somebody had retapped m4)
how long before we see the S-P-G?
that looks a nice set up davio i was a shot blaster for 6yrs at a commercial paint shop its one job i wouldn't want to do again our set up was for blasting hgv trailers prior to painting
ped

Ah well the SPG is just waiting a few parts, mostly one off custom made jobbies. I have them all sorted bar one part, jeez this hobby is expensive  ;)
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

chongman

Steady working on Project Alice"  8)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

WyoMan

Quote from: mackelby on March 02, 2013, 09:47:07 PM
Just put a 18" barrel on my 2289. I really think the gun looks better with that barrel. The barrel band doesn't seem to like it. Letting the barrel move when I am cocking it. I think it is moving it enough that one shot shoots like it should the next shot is very weak. I think the barrel is moving enough to move the transfer port enough to let air get by. Put TKO trigger kit in it also.
If you want a tighter fitting barrel band...
paint the inside of the barrel band with a thick coat of epoxy
after cure then hone the epoxy with sandpaper rolled up into a tube (400 grit)
check fit often and then lube barrel with some light weight oil like Hoppe's
install should be tight smooth lubricated .....hth
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Brent

Now THAT is a good idea!! ^^^^    :-*

bgmcgee

Great idea Wyo, might give that a try on my 78g. It seems to have a lot of play in the front frame where the barrel passes through and I am thinking it is hurting the accuracy.  :-*. Sorry for the hijack.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

JEBert

Mackelby,
It is just a thought but do you have a steel breech on that gun or is that transfer port trying to hold that barrel still all by itself?
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

quickster47 †

Quote from: JEBert on March 03, 2013, 05:40:28 AM
Mackelby,
It is just a thought but do you have a steel breech on that gun or is that transfer port trying to hold that barrel still all by itself?
Cheers,

I think that right now he is still using the OEM plastic breech but I could be wrong.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ped

just made a stainless hammer to suit a prod trigger and a ptfe spring guide
might have to put a couple of flats on the side to reduce its weight or bore the back out and fit a piece of ptfe,i've threaded the hammer pin hole m3 (grub screw fitted at the moment but will make a shouldered pin)
ped