What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Tater

Quote from: quickster47 on April 28, 2013, 07:13:59 PM
I think it was breakfastchef or perhaps someone else who posted it originally.  But what happens is that you take a large fender washer or something like that and attach it to the red dot so that when you pick up the gun and look through the sight your field of vision is limited by the hole in the washer and you supposedly can more quickly find the red dot and zero in on your target.

Carl

You don't just stick a washer on the lens do you?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

quickster47 †

Quote from: Tater on April 28, 2013, 08:47:12 PM
You don't just stick a washer on the lens do you?

My understanding was that it had to be on the side you look through because you are using it as sort of a peep hole as it relates to reduced field of vision.

Here is the original thread by breakfastchef, AKA Larry.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10270.msg122170.html#msg122170

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Cwlongshot

I don't really understand what your tiring to achieve here.  ???

I have been shooting red dots and reflex sites for about thirty years now. Starting with the very first Aimpoint scopes. I have shot them in all kinds of firearms and in competition on both center fires and rim fires for IPSC, action pistol, combat shotgun and bullseye pistol.

I shot the ''beer can'' sized one for one season on a 45 and plates. I did not like the huge field of view so I removed and sold it off. For me, the 30MM and 1'' scopes are just fine. The big scopes work well for fast site acquisition. But are no less or more accurate than any other. As long as its of quality manufacturer and its with out much parallax. Its natural for you to center the dot in the scope, But you should be focused on the target, not to dot. I have found that magnification is actually a detriment to accuracy with a dot. Been there done that.  :o :o

I am thinking what your not liking is parallax. The dot is on target but impacts are not unless the dot is well centered in the scope. You can test yours by securing it to a stable surface looking thru the scope, put the dot on a ''target' and taking your hands off it. Now look thru the scope and move you head around and you will see the dot come off the ''target''! Thats parallax.

IMHO, if you choose a good name brand dot and I think you will see things differently.  :-* :-* ;)

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

crossliner

Thank you gents  :)

At Mr. Wyoman yes sir that I might do lol  ;D

At Mr. BFC yes they are Crosman barrels..I dunno but I have tried RWS, JSB, Crosman Premiers and H and N courtesy of my buddies on them and they do not group this well  ???...I only have one Crosman that has a Lothar barrel and yes it likes JSBs very much but since my own JSBs are still in transit and I have no more she was an absentee yesterday..Pic below..

The washer thing on the peep lens a brew by Mr. BFC is a good addition imho..It helps one center the red dot..I tried shooting peering in an oblique manner and the groupings were not good..

At Mr. CWlongshot yes duly noted..I have a Burris FastFire ll for my Lothar barreled Crosman TWENTY FOUR HUNDRED KT but I have not mounted it yet due to the lack of an dovetail to weaver adapter..I think one of the boxes from the US containing some goodies is here already but I had it consigned to my cuz and he is out of town at the moment..Wait I must again what a big hassle really  >:( Best regards.

BDS

Brian

breakfastchef

Quote from: Cwlongshot on April 28, 2013, 11:45:46 PM
I am thinking what your not liking is parallax.

The purpose of the washer was primarily to combat parallax. It is easier to center a dot in a smaller field of view.
Larry

crossliner

Tater

Quote from: breakfastchef on April 29, 2013, 02:51:30 PM
The purpose of the washer was primarily to combat parallax. It is easier to center a dot in a smaller field of view.

I was looking at my 1377 with the red dot last night and the lens covers were on. I'm thinking I might cut off the stretchy pieces that hold but end caps on and then drilling a hole in the center off the rubber cap. It already would fit perfectly, just not sure I want to destroy the lens covers.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

rangerfredbob

Well, it was last night but I took the stock barrel off the 2240 and traded it for the 12" barrel off my 2289, was after dark though so couldn't sight it in... I figured this should get me to finally make the parts order I've been wanting to make to get a 18" barrel for the 2289, along with a bunch of other little stuff...

This swap did make the 2240 quieter like I hoped it would
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Cwlongshot

I just fixed my fathers Medalist II 177.

He was shooting it with renewed vigor after speaking with me last week.  ;) He was at my door when I got home with the pistol in hand!! LOL

We shot it a couple times and the trigger was 10#+! I did not take any pics.

First I totally disassembled the gun. I cleaned everything and installed new O rings on the valve and a cup on the piston and with light pelloil reassembled that. I  polished the appropriate parts on the trigger and hammer, with a bad of grease re assembled and installed the grip frame.

The barrel was REAL bad! I cleaned it and MUD came out!!!  The muzzle had NO crown or attempt at one!! This gun is probable 30 years old and the ''crown'' was still jagged!! It was right pretty after about five minutes with coarse and fine grinding compound!!

The bolt was rough so I polished that up, Installed a new O ring on the probe..MAN THAT THING IS HUGE!!! It is long and completely pushes the pellet past the port, but it also blocks most of the port!! Not allot I did or could do there...

I re assembled the breech and then I found a problem... The port was not sealing properly. Actually I am surprised it could push a pellet out the barrel!! I installed a O ring at the barrel end and a new seal at the valve. Then aligned everything up with my third hand held that piece of steel under the bolt and with a fourth tightened the tiny screw....  :o But I got it!! Went and shot it and WOW it has power again and pops is happy!!  He took a tin of my Monsters as he forgot his in New York... and took off for my sisters where  he is stay for a few days...

He REALLY liked my trigger, The best I got with his was a clean but heavy 6#. Mine is 3 1/4#. ;)

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

crossliner

Quote from: Tater on April 30, 2013, 09:32:34 PM
I was looking at my 1377 with the red dot last night and the lens covers were on. I'm thinking I might cut off the stretchy pieces that hold but end caps on and then drilling a hole in the center off the rubber cap. It already would fit perfectly, just not sure I want to destroy the lens covers.

Read this thread Mr. T  :)

plinker99

i finally got a rifled barrel installed on my 760.
i used a 2100 barrel #766C101.   got a barrel support from the recruit #66A35 & drilled it out for a press fit for barrel.  i used some poly tubing wrapped around the barrel to fit the front barrel support.  total cost  for crosman parts $8.57 + shipping.

so far i find that it's more consistent shooting with less fliers.  after getting a scope zeroed, i'm hitting 1/2" groups at 10 yds.  after more practice & fine tuning on the scope, i hope to get it down to 1/4".

plinker99

Tater

Darn it all Crossliner. I thought I finally had an original idea here.    ;D

I did miss that thread though, I only saw the one where washers were used.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Quote from: Tater on May 01, 2013, 06:09:20 AM
Darn it all Crossliner. I thought I finally had an original idea here.    ;D

I did miss that thread though, I only saw the one where washers were used.

This 1 Mr. T it's an updated version  :-*

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10270.msg139906.html#msg139906

Smaller brake rubber cup and o-ring on the left if you want to install it reversed..

I stole the idea from Mr. Larry/BFC I hope he does not sue me for Pulling a Steve  :-X  :D

Davio

I threw this together last evening (all of 15 minutes after cutting the bone stock 2240 out of the blister packaging).  One thing left to do, but will save that for later.

Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177