What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

crossliner

Quote from: droid on June 30, 2013, 04:27:45 PM
Just stripped the dream gun this morning, added a custom SS P Rod hammer, kindly made by my mate Ped  :-*
While apart I treated it to a reblue, black rebolt kit (previously SS) and topped off with a new doofer.

Dang Mr. D what muzzlebrake is that it looks great? And so does the gun of course  :-*

droid

It's a MWSS, one made by my buddy Matt here in the UK, he does all my custom ones (to my dimensions) and is always happy to undertake other custom jobs if you wish to deviate from his standard ones.

Made from Delrin and very quiet, albeit it is a sealed unit. His doofers have just featured in one of our UK airgun magazines too with a very favorable write up.

If you need more details Mr C or any of you other guys let me know, as you know I will be happy to reship to my buddies  :-*
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

breakfastchef

Just plain outstanding, Gary. I think the Stace breech, Rick's grips and the custom doofer really make this wonderful. Of course, if it shoots straight, that would be an added bonus.
Larry

chongman

Sharp looking pistol Gary, aggressive stance  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

droid

Quote from: breakfastchef on June 30, 2013, 04:52:02 PM
Just plain outstanding, Gary. I think the Stace breech, Rick's grips and the custom doofer really make this wonderful. Of course, if it shoots straight, that would be an added bonus.

Cheers Larry, trust me it is not the gun that can't shoot straight  ;)

Seriously though, with the breech, P Rod Trigger etc.. this feels real quality, like I assume a real one feels like. Good weight and no slop anywhere. Gives you the same feeling as when you shut a prestige car door, something very reassuring about it.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BigErn

Wow Gary that is one fine gun Mr! Loving that Doofer  :-\ :-\ :-*

droid

Quote from: BigErn on June 30, 2013, 05:03:15 PM
Wow Gary that is one fine gun Mr! Loving that Doofer  :-\ :-\ :-*

Cheers Ern  :-*  Yes it is a couple of inches shorter than my usual ones, it just suited the gun so I kept it on. I bought it with a 2240 last week by chance.
www.ratbuster.co.uk

the old guy

Well Mr. Gary looks like you're never going to be happy, most people would have been more than satisfied before your latest mods. I have no idea of what you could do to make it better but then I'm not quite, wait for it,--------- A big show off like you LOL.   In all seriousness another fine project, thanks for sharing. Now quit fooling around and get back to work so you can afford to build something new.

Lee               
I may be getting old, but I can still whip anyone twice my age and half my heavy.

WyoMan

Beautiful and clean droid  :-* excellent build with high quality work!

I modded another check valve with a safety pin since the first one worked real good and shows no problems
here's what it looks like assembled:

will test this later today to get results  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Cwlongshot

Today, I removed the red dot from my 1377 carbine and replaced it with a old Tasco 4X tactile compac tactical scope with a dot. Then I added a side mounted Red Laser Designator.

It a absolute laser, drilling one hole groups!!

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

breakfastchef

Quote from: Cwlongshot on June 30, 2013, 07:47:13 PM
Today I removed the red dot form mt 1377 carbine and replaced it with a old Tasco 4X tactile scope with a dot...It a absolute laser!!

I hear tactile scopes will do that. Looks very dangerous.
Larry

ped

didn't think the stace gun could get any better ,but you've managed it well done mate
i've spent all afternoon messing with a 2260 that really wanted to be a disco been doing thre bstayley mod but think i might try it without
i've just made tp bush with a 1.6mm bore(normal one filled with solder then redrilled) as the smallest one i had was a 2.75mm one and was well over our limit with a bell curve like a rainbow
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Cwlongshot

Quote from: breakfastchef on June 30, 2013, 08:01:07 PM
I hear tactile tactical scopes will do that. Looks very dangerous.

I just LOVE the iPhone speller...  :o :o :o :o

If you don't know about it, it spells and INSERTS the respelled words... Be-careful, if you don't check before you post... The grammar cops get ya!  ;) ;)

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

Petrifiedwood

Just replaced the grip frame screws, and the rear breech screw with stainless socket head screws on my 2300T. It's nice to be able to remove the grip frame with a hex wrench.

kraaash

Quote from: droid on June 30, 2013, 04:27:45 PM
Just stripped the dream gun this morning, added a custom SS P Rod hammer, kindly made by my mate Ped  :-*
While apart I treated it to a reblue, black rebolt kit (previously SS) and topped off with a new doofer.

Droid can you point me in the direction to learn about that breech that is? Is there a thread somewhere detailing that build? Thx  :-*