What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Trophyhunter49

Thank you Sir  :)  I didn't know if it would work but it did! :) :)

Tater

Nice job Mark. That's cool stuff!    :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Mark5043

Thanks guys  :) Had to find a way to relieve symptoms of my Crosmanitis.Restless figeting,looking at things,and seeing if you can turn them into a new part..yup you guys know about that one.Glad I'm not the only one afflicted hahaha.Even better when you can make something from what you have on hand..

Mark5043

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on July 04, 2013, 02:43:09 AM
  Done a little work on my 2240 today! The valve was moving back to front a very little, so I took an old port seal and put it in the screw that holds the valve in place and now NO more movement. Nice little cheep way to stop the movement!! :)
Good Job! Simple yet effective...way to go.   :-*

Baltim0re28

Quote from: Mark5043 on July 04, 2013, 02:26:55 AM
Tried my hand at some grip making.Nothing new or special here,but a fun project none the less.I don't have tools to do anything in wood,so I made a set with the materials I had. I used to make 1/5 scale carbon fiber composite bodies for RC cars,"such as HPI's Baja 5B"and had some high quality epoxy resin left over.It's extremely tough stuff.The cure time is slow though,it's about 3 days to reach full hardness.Not a problem for me though.The slow cure nature of the resin helps because it is self degassing,so there are no air bubbles in the grip."No pressure pot required".These are a solid thickness version "non hollow"of the standard black grips,but with less stippling,and no funky fake wood grain pattern.They are not painted,I have some black resin tint,which was added to the epoxy.I will also be hydro dipping this pair in a black carbon fiber pattern,and finish them off with a few coats high end urethane automotive clear.They fit absolutely perfect,with no slippage.They look kind of rough in the pictures because they are scuffed up,and being prepped for dipping.In the future I will make an actual set from resin,and layers of carbon fiber..should be pretty cool.

Great Job!!!!! They look awesome!!
James.

chongman

Grips look fantastic Mark.  I'm a carbon fiber nut so I'll be watching as you work  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Mark5043

Thanks guys.I'm with you on that Chongman.I really like CF stuff as well.I'm waiting on another shipment of hydrographic film,and activator,so this set should be done sometime next week.Hopefully I can get around to doing a set in actual CF pretty soon.If I can remember correctly I should have a few feet of CF,and Kevlar weave fabric somewhere in storage.I'll have to check.It would make a crazy tough set of grips no doubt.

bgmcgee

Nothing spectacular just a little polishing and sanding. I got an Anthony R. short breech from Chongman and polished it up a little. Also got a R.B. super pumper in and did some sanding and staining on it. Thought I would make the pumper less machined looking, smoothed out the lines a little. I like it. :-*
Here is the polish job

And here is the pumper,before after and with one coat of black stain

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Mark5043

droid

Quote from: bgmcgee on July 05, 2013, 11:22:28 PM
Nothing spectacular just a little polishing and sanding. I got an Anthony R. short breech from Chongman and polished it up a little. Also got a R.B. super pumper in and did some sanding and staining on it. Thought I would make the pumper less machined looking, smoothed out the lines a little. I like it. :-*
Here is the polish job

Cracking job on that pumper. They should be sold like that.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

BigErn

Quote from: bgmcgee on July 05, 2013, 11:22:28 PM
Here is the polish job

Nice!! Love the polished breech  :-\   Anyone have luck polishing a Crosman steel breech?

bgmcgee

Thanks Gary and Big E. Coming from 2 of the best here that means alot. I do like the looks of the handle better but i know why Ralph doesn't do that it would really drive the price up. I tried buffing the top , it got shiny but lots of milling swirls. Guess if I spent more time and did some sanding it might smooth out.Might have to play with the one I took off.

bgmcgee

Hey Big E how about this. Crosman short steel breech and about 10 Minutes on the buffing wheel.

screenshot windows

application screenshot

breakfastchef

[quote author=bgmcgee link=topic=9044.msg151973#msg151973 date=1373059348 Also got a R.B. super pumper in and did some sanding and staining on it. Thought I would make the pumper less machined looking, smoothed out the lines a little. I like it. :-*
[/quote]

Nice mod on Ralph's pump arm. Now all it needs is a BChef palm rest!! One day I will get one of you guys to try it.
Larry

chongman

Outstandin Barry, the pump arm looks soo much better smoothed out and in black!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...