What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

1377x

the hydrographics, do they work on any material?
closed mouths dont get fed

Davio

Generally speaking anything that can be primed.  I'm about to dip some scopes.  :)
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

1377x

Quote from: Davio on August 07, 2013, 04:39:47 AM
Generally speaking anything that can be primed.  I'm about to dip some scopes.  :)
thats cool!
i want my steel breech covered

DBOdude

glad i can finally post in this thread   ;D

my DBO kit and accessories arrived today and i put the steel breech on , the accushot high rings and a CP 4-16x40AO wally world special . i also did my first mod (besides the breech) by taking the rubber o-ring out of a scripto lighter and putting it on top of the transfer port between it and the barrel  :-* .

i got a ways to go , but i'm in the game now  ;)
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

1377x

nice pics!
congrats on the successful first mods

KevinP

Looking good !!!  nice start ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

bgmcgee

Looks good Booty.  Now we need shot details. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Paul55

Quote from: crossliner on July 13, 2013, 03:08:54 PM
Had an ss muzzlebrake adapter made today..The barrel is not mounted yet I dissembled the gun it now has 3 set screws on the breech because it's free floated..

Gonna change the forearm tomorrow I have 2 from Mr. Quickster thanks a lot again sir  :-*

Also I am going to scope it and remove the BSA red dot I don't like it anymore..The lens has become foggy..Got a cheapo but reliable UTG 4x32 w/c I am going to pair w/ BKL mounts..For scope rings/mounts it's Sportsmatch or BKLs for me no less  :-*

Your stainless muzzlebrake adaptor is exactly what I've been looking for.  Could you give a heads up to where I could get one from, pretty please.   ;)

crossliner

Hi Mr. P55..It is custom made sir. It looks like this now but I have already changed the forearm. Greetings from the Philippines  :)

Paul55

Thanks Mr CL,  I need to find me a metal machinist.  Is that the right description  :-[

Mark5043

Quote from: 1377x on August 06, 2013, 09:38:42 PM
the hydrographics, do they work on any material?

Like Davio said, most objects can be done within reason.It's a very versatile system.Most things that will hold primer,and a base coat will take to dipping.Some things even take to dipping without priming.One such item is parts that are made from Polypropylene,such as dirt bike,and ATV fenders etc. To get away with doing something like that without using a primer,you first have to remove the mold release agent that is used at the factory.It contains silicone.A few passes "carefully"with a propane torch over the part will cause the mold release to come to the surface of the plastic.Then you can deep clean the part with degreaser,scuff,shoot your base,and dip.Iv'e got some Hammerli 850 Air magnum parts coming from guy pretty soon,that are going to look great,Hydro dipped. :-*

Mark5043

Quote from: Booty Monster on August 07, 2013, 05:09:25 AM
glad i can finally post in this thread   ;D

my DBO kit and accessories arrived today and i put the steel breech on , the accushot high rings and a CP 4-16x40AO wally world special . i also did my first mod (besides the breech) by taking the rubber o-ring out of a scripto lighter and putting it on top of the transfer port between it and the barrel  :-* .

i got a ways to go , but i'm in the game now  ;)

Very Nice!  :-* :-*

BDS

Quote from: Mark5043 on August 07, 2013, 05:58:45 PM
Like Davio said, most objects can be done within reason.It's a very versatile system.Most things that will hold primer,and a base coat will take to dipping.Some things even take to dipping without priming.One such item is parts that are made from Polypropylene,such as dirt bike,and ATV fenders etc. To get away with doing something like that without using a primer,you first have to remove the mold release agent that is used at the factory.It contains silicone.A few passes "carefully"with a propane torch over the part will cause the mold release to come to the surface of the plastic.Then you can deep clean the part with degreaser,scuff,shoot your base,and dip.Iv'e got some Hammerli 850 Air magnum parts coming from guy pretty soon,that are going to look great,Hydro dipped. :-*

That's interesting Mark, those Hammerli 850s are butt-ugly in the black/grey plastic IMO, so... camo? wood? other?
Brian

Mark5043

I agree.There is a lot you can do to them though,and I plan on picking one up in .22.Heard good things about the barrel,and it's accuracy.I'm working with the guy now,and he seems to be leaning  towards a late fall leaf/early Winter Camo,with a  tricolor base. A subtly fanned in white,and grey,with a touch of sky blue in there.

Trophyhunter49

I took my 1377 down and repolished it and shined it up again. Putting WHITE grips and forarm on it Friday.(have to take my baby brother to cancer Dr. tommarow) Pics it follow.