What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

bgmcgee

Quote from: agninja on August 13, 2013, 01:54:00 AM
I'd been wanting to do "something" with the skeleton stock on my 2289 for a while now, but couldn't figure out what. Then I recently discovered paracord wrapping and ended up putting about 50 feet on it. I call it the "Ninja Wrap". It can easily be taken off if needed. The knot is just inside the front end of the wrapping. Gives the stock a little more bulk and it does feel better against the cheek. Fortunately Hobby Lobby had desert camo paracord in their selection and it matches nicely with the paint job I already had on the gun.
That's a cool idea and I like how it looks too. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

targettgii

That does look pretty cool and it's nice to have 50 ft. of paracord in a pinch. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Tater

Quote from: targettgii on August 13, 2013, 02:42:20 AM
That does look pretty cool and it's nice to have 50" of paracord in a pinch. :-* :-* :-*

Good thinking TGI and great idea Agninja.  :-*  Very creative.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BigErn

I'd been wanting to do "something" with the skeleton stock on my 2289 for a while now, but couldn't figure out what. Then I recently discovered paracord wrapping and ended up putting about 50 feet on it. I call it the "Ninja Wrap". It can easily be taken off if needed. The knot is just inside the front end of the wrapping. Gives the stock a little more bulk and it does feel better against the cheek. Fortunately Hobby Lobby had desert camo paracord in their selection and it matches nicely with the paint job I already had on the gun.

Nice ninja! That stuff is cool  8) :-*

Trophyhunter49

Man that's cool!! I never seen one done like that :-* :-*

agninja

Thanks guys. I had wanted to try a more intricate and complex style of wrap, but it already took a long time to do it the way I did it, since I had to weave it through the center of the stock every single time.  :(
Black air pistols matter.

Trophyhunter49

How long did it take you to do all that!!

agninja

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on August 13, 2013, 03:20:07 AM
  How long did it take you to do all that!!

Not too long...that is until I decided that I didn't want to keep the camo green cord and had to undo it and then redo it all over again in desert camo! :D Takes about an hour or less to put on, so it's not too bad.

Black air pistols matter.

Drummond

Very cool idea! Looks awesome!   :-*
Crosman 1377, steel breech, smooth grips and forearm, BSA dot sight with laser and light
Hatsan Striker rifle in .25 cal, GRT III trigger
Beeman P-17

soolio

Paracord is awesome for so many things. I got some to make slings originally and ended making all kinds of other stuff! Knife handles, bow grips....I even wrapped up the top bar of my 1399 stock before I modded it. here's where I learned to tie paracord knots;)... http://fusionknots.com/graphics/gallery/knots/index.html

soolio

Click on one of the knots you like and it will open a movie on how to make it. The guys movies are actually quite amazing!

KevinP

Looks way much nice, good job ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

DaveB50

Looks great ninja, and handy if you suddenly need some rope.  :-*
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

Oldnshakey

That's pretty neat.  Nice idea!
Tom..........Two 2400kt's, 2240, Cr MKI, 1377, S&W 686 co2, Beeman P17 .

More pistols than I need but not as many as I want.