What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

WyoMan

Quote from: BigErn on December 12, 2013, 12:26:06 AM
Did some work on the 2260 this morning.

Polished the breech
Added a GMAC brass extended bolt
Swapped out the bolt handle for a Chongman handle (Spheres)
Polished the tube, barrel, and grip frame again
Swapped out the BKL mount for silver B-Square rings

Here she is  :)

Swwwweeeeeet! great job and excellent work with the different metals...got the same preferences as you Big E  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Brian

Bazmati2020

1322 Moly paste in main tube for hammer to run on, fitted wider Aluminium trigger. And put some grease on safety ball (as it pops out every time!).

Trigger needs a polish/smooth out but I'm waiting for the sear guide to arrive (wasn't in package).

Feels better than standard, sure It could be improved more with the polish and guide though.  There is zero slop now though.

BDS

Good work Baz, and that ball and spring are much, MUCH easier to deal with from the top down in the little hole in the frame when you have the receiver off (ball first followed by spring)
Brian

Bazmati2020

Brian

Totally agree mate, the weird thing is that on the 1322 it always has the trigger pin stuck to frame so brings trigger and safety with it (& ball) my 2300 I've taken apart loads of times and apart from once never had an issue I hold the safety in place as I take plate off.

I put it back in from above though  :-*

BigErn

Thanks guys  :-* :-* :-*  I will never polish another 2260 tube, ever  ;D ;D ;D  Polishing the breech was not too bad though.

crossliner

Quote from: BigErn on December 12, 2013, 07:27:59 PM
Thanks guys  :-* :-* :-*  I will never polish another 2260 tube, ever  ;D ;D ;D  Polishing the breech was not too bad though.

The word "never" does not apply to us sir  ;)

BDS

"Never" ... Until the next time  :D ;D
Brian

bgmcgee

Quote from: crossliner on December 13, 2013, 03:09:26 PM
The word "never" does not apply to us sir  ;)
Quote from: BDS on December 13, 2013, 04:53:43 PM
"Never" ... Until the next time  :D ;D
Now ain't that the truth.  ;D ;D
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

ettolo

is there a tutorial about polishing a barrel?
searched with no luck! ???

bgmcgee

If it's a Crosman barrel it won't be that hard as the blueing is pretty thin.  Buffing wheels and compound make it real easy. You canuse a dremel too and a lot of time. I have converted my bench ggrinder to a buffer by getting buffing wheels at the hardware store.  I use 2 different compounds . One fairly heavy for the grunt work then a finer for the finishing.  It works for me.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

HappyHunter

Just finished customizing my Crosman skeleton stock and making a matching forearm for my Disco/22xx project (don't mind the clutter on my bench :-[):

Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

breakfastchef

That is some fine custom work, Todd. I would enjoy some details about the stock work.
Larry