What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

mudduck48

Worked on the valve for my 130 with the wood grips. I found on "another air gun blog" how to work on this thing, but this valve is different. It is more like the black handled 130 or my 1300 valve. It must be a transition between the Phaze 1 and the Phaze 11. So I'm going to call it Phaze 1 1/2. Got the valve rebuilt and installed in the tube. More to come. :-*
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

mudduck48

Started cleaning more parts and ran into another problem. The cocking knob/screw is bent right at the last 2 threads. I was lucky to get it out with out breaking it off in the hammer. I told you this was going to be an interesting build. ;D ;D

breakfastchef

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 30, 2014, 10:22:40 PM
Worked on the valve for my 130 with the wood grips. I found on "another air gun blog" how to work on this thing, but this valve is different. It is more like the black handled 130 or my 1300 valve. It must be a transition between the Phaze 1 and the Phaze 11. So I'm going to call it Phaze 1 1/2. Got the valve rebuilt and installed in the tube. More to come. :-*

It's a self cocker, right Duck?
Larry

mudduck48

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 31, 2014, 12:09:08 AM

It's a self cocker, right Duck?
It's between the self cocker and the you have to recock it. This valve looks like "their" first attempt at a self cocker. The other 130 I rebuilt had the self cocker valve in it like the 1300. So, I'm going to put a spring on the shaft that goes into the hammer, like the self cocker. This is getting really interesting.  :P

ettolo

Finished the shaping of my 'match' 1377 grips

bgmcgee

Those are going to be some nice grips when you're done.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BDS

Brian

KevinP

GRIPS are looking good  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Ryan

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 30, 2014, 10:22:40 PM

Hi MuddyD

I know you are very fond of the 130s and 1300s. Am I missing something for not having one of those? If yes, I will be on the lookout for one in gun shows. I was at a gun show last weekend and there was a 1300. The guy was asking $60. I passed it because it wasn't holding air.

Are the internals for the 130 and the 1300 the same?

mudduck48

Wasn't holding air? Darn, that is what I'm looking for. I'm getting fairly good at making these old guns work. Darn, $60. Was it in good shape or all rusty? Not holding air is probably the quad ring in the exhaust part of the valve. It takes a 008 o-ring to fix it and paychents to try to remove the old hard quad ring. See this? That is it. But what you don't see is that black ring is not the quad ring. That is a piece of steel, the ring is under that. I learned the hard way about that.
Now is the 130 and the 1300 the same? NO! the 130 has 2 variations. One with wood grips and one with black plastic grips and a metal pump handle. The one with the wood grips has 2 different aluminum valves in it. The black one has a brass valve like the 1300. If you do buy one of these guns remember, REMOVE THE REAR SIGHT BEFORE YOU DO ANY DISASSEMBLY ON THE GUN!!!!!  Why? because the rear sight screw goes INSIDE the rear grip frame screw. Does this on both 130 and the 1300 guns.

Ryan

That $60 1300 was in pretty worn and extensively handled situation. Most of the blueing is gone. There was no pressure at all when I closed the pump arm. I figured it would take too much to rebuild it.

I have a couple of 1377s, 1322, 2100 and 2200. Am I missing something for not having a 1300 or 130?

mudduck48

IMO, the only thing you are missing is, another gun in your collection. You can't really do mods on the 130 or 1300 guns except a trigger job. It's like the phaze I and phaze II 1322 and 1377. You can mod them, but it will coast more to get to where you can mod. And then you still have a rear cocker. If you want them for your collection, get them. If you want to mod, then get the new ones with the cocking bolt. Now I'm looking for a 106 for the collection. It never ends. ;) ;) :) :)

Ryan

Got ya. I hate this "must have" impulse. It's like an addiction that I have been wanting to shake loose.

BDS

Duck... like this Mint  :-\ model 106 that's not for sale  :D ???  ;D
Brian