What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

Jauvesst

i think i have mentioned it in another thread but that scope is a nikko stirling nighteater 10-50x60mm
the glass is slightly grey-ish in tone  but otherwise alot of scope for the money

Trophyhunter49

Done a mock-up of my new build. here is a pic. of it.  Just a little tease of whats to come!! ;) ;) ;)

Old Dog

That is going to look FINE when it's finished :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

Had my "muzzle brake's" front caps concaved coz it looks cooler and weighs lighter..They look like flashlight reflectors eh?

They looked like this before..

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on July 15, 2014, 01:48:02 PM
Had my "muzzle brake's" front caps concaved coz it looks cooler and weighs lighter..They look like flashlight reflectors eh?

Very classy, as usual. Did you notice any shift in POI with the concave caps?
Larry

crossliner

Thanks Mr. Larry..No POI is just the same..

My machinist had to make a threaded adapter so as not to clamp the caps and ruin their surface.

I have a question for you, does your S200 group better w/ the TKO on or w/o it?

agninja

Those muzzle caps do look cool, but I'm wondering why there was so much material in them in the first place that you'd have enough room to concave them out. What, were they like an inch thick to begin with?
Black air pistols matter.

crossliner

Quote from: agninja on July 15, 2014, 02:10:21 PM
Those muzzle caps do look cool, but I'm wondering why there was so much material in them in the first place that you'd have enough room to concave them out. What, were they like an inch thick to begin with?

Haha so you have noticed! Yes the first versions ( 3rd pic) were very thick they had snouts..I had them refaced to reduce weight as you can see on the middle pic and again 2 weeks ago to furthermore make them lighter--cooler too lol!

I still have the orig cap but the hole is hexed and big..These caps right now are only for .177 pellets.

crossliner

Quote from: agninja on July 15, 2014, 02:10:21 PM

Those 2 other muzzle brakes are all delrin MWSS made by a UK guy named Matt Winser..I bought 4 of them and had them shipped here although the gent had no idea as it was my friend in the UK who did it for me.

BigErn

Crossliner those are awesome Sir  :-\ :-*

crossliner

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on July 15, 2014, 02:05:55 PM
Thanks Mr. Larry..I have a question for you, does your S200 group better w/ the TKO on or w/o it?

Honestly, I can't answer that. I checked my notes and saw that the TKO was installed four days after receiving the rifle. Though I have no targets from those four days, my notes indicate that accuracy was impressive in the 10M indoor range.

I was shooting at a knock down target at 20 and 30 yards yesterday in sitting position and the gun was hitting right on the money. This thing is ready for FT in WFTF class if I ever get around to it.
Larry

crossliner

Quote from: breakfastchef on July 15, 2014, 03:15:30 PM

Honestly, I can't answer that. I checked my notes and saw that the TKO was installed four days after receiving the rifle. Though I have no targets from those four days, my notes indicate that accuracy was impressive in the 10M indoor range.

I was shooting at a knock down target at 20 and 30 yards yesterday in sitting position and the gun was hitting right on the money. This thing is ready for FT in WFTF class if I ever get around to it.

The S2 is one heck of a gun yes sir and it is very much capable of that..

I have done heavy testing  lately and I have noticed that it will group better w/ a "muzzle brake" on ( particularly the MWSS ) even better w/ a stripper on or sans end attachments..My ranges are from 40 to 60 meters..Right now it likes 10 ang 8g Air Arms pellets but before when it was still in its original factory setting the JSBs were doing better..It also did not like 10g versions in both brands very much. Honestly, just the other day I almost put 10 AA 10g pellets in one not so ragged hole from 50 meters..Had 2 strays but it was my mistake..Again the gun was suppressed..

Regards.

breakfastchef

Quote from: crossliner on July 15, 2014, 03:48:46 PM
The S2 is one heck of a gun yes sir and it is very much capable of that..

I have done heavy testing  lately and I have noticed that it will group better w/ a "muzzle brake" on ( particularly the MWSS ) even better w/ a stripper on or sans end attachments..My ranges are from 40 to 60 meters..Right now it likes 10 ang 8g Air Arms pellets but before when it was still in its original factory setting the JSBs were doing better..It also did not like 10g versions in both brands very much. Honestly, just the other day I almost put 10 AA 10g pellets in one not so ragged hole from 50 meters..Had 2 strays but it was my mistake..Again the gun was suppressed..

Regards.

Could be a matter of barrel harmonics in which a weighted device on the end enhances accuracy. Your description sort of confirms this may be the case. I have read on other forums that several people have opened up the barrel band to free float the barrel and claim enhanced accuracy. I have not done this as I see no reason since my gun shoots very well.
Larry