What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

crossliner

Quote from: ettolo on March 02, 2015, 11:19:53 AM
Mounted the 'signed' pump arm made to match my grips  :)

The design is unique and nice  :-*

bgmcgee

That's a nice set of grips you have there. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BigErn

Awesome and certainly different! Um... how did you mount that rear sight on a stock breech?

bgmcgee

Tore down and did a lube tune on the old Diana 45 I picked up a year or so ago.  Pretty well built springer. It was in real clean shape inside. The spring and leather piston seal looked like new. She seems to shoot a bunch smoother with a little moly on the piston and guide and some tar on the spring. I'm happy.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Monkeydad1969

I am going to replace one of my Disco valve springs with the copper color spring.

...to be cont.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

mr007s

Cooked up a nice block of ballistic gel. Want to see what damage the Mr. Hollowpoint ,457 dia. 185 grain hollow points will do to it.

Monkeydad1969

Quote from: mr007s on March 03, 2015, 02:23:55 AM
Cooked up a nice of ballistic gel. Want to see what damage the Mr. Hollowpoint ,457 dia. 185 grain hollow points will do to it.

Me, too.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

GreyCoyote

I put together a pseudo-Backpacker on Saturday.  Too many updated/upgraded parts to be able to call it a true Backpacker.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed sheepdog contesting the vote.

mudduck48

Nice looking rig, now lets see some holes in the target. :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

ettolo

Quote from: BigErn on March 03, 2015, 01:24:41 AM
Awesome and certainly different! Um... how did you mount that rear sight on a stock breech?

Thank you and the other for the kind words on my work!

I removed the standard sight, made little hole in the breech (there is a little alignment pin below the sight) and screwed the new sight with a longer screw. Had to reduce the screw head diameter to fit the slot in the sight. This rear sight is too high, so i glued a little piece of plastic in the front sight.
The sight is a cheap gamo  http://www.ferraioli.com/catalogo/774-tacca-di-mira-cfx.asp

hope this helps!  :-*

twigboy

Hi,
Those are nice grips.  Oak?  I normally don't like oak but you have me thinking about it.

How did you mount the sight on the plastic receiver?  And did you do any work to make the receiver and barrel more stable for it?  Thanks 

ettolo

Thank you twigboy!
Yes that's a kind of oak... it is 'rovere' in italian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_petraea)
How to mount is written two post before this!  ;)
I didn't do any further work, i'm waiting to buy a metal breech.
If you need more help I can take photos this monday

beerhippy

Slicked up the trigger on my 1377.  Ground about 3/32" off the bottom edge of the sear where the spring contacts it.  Also radiused the rear lower corner so it doesn't contact the spring.  Polised the contact points and lubed.  Made a nice improvement and tightened my groups.  Today I installed a backpacker forearm - much more comfortable pumping.  Other mods on order.
Man, that was close!

GreyCoyote

I finished setting up my 45 meter range down the hill from my house.  I hang targets on the line between the T-posts.  The drum is serving as my bench at the moment.  The side view is with the drum at five meters.  The long view is from 40 meters out.  Its not a lot to look at, but if any one is ever in Yakima, WA, let me know.   :)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed sheepdog contesting the vote.

targettgii

That's a nice looking home range GC.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T