What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

bgmcgee

Sounds like the valve stem isn't sealing. Try some oil and a few dry fires. Might just be a littlle dirty.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

BigErn

Quote from: bgmcgee on June 06, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
Sounds like the valve stem isn't sealing. Try some oil and a few dry fires. Might just be a littlle dirty.

Thanks bg, I will have to try that. The bad part is that I only have a 4oz tank now for the QB and I have to go on a mission to get to the  place to fill it up again. I hope it has enough Co2 to run these tests. Bummer... I was really looking forward to shooting it since it's been a while. If I have time tonight I'll give it a shot  :-*

bgmcgee

Pull the tank and dry fire without it on if that's possible. 

BigErn

Quote from: bgmcgee on June 06, 2015, 08:18:32 PM
Pull the tank and dry fire without it on if that's possible.

Worked like a charm!!! Dry fired it a bunch of times, put the tank on and it leaked just a little tiny bit so I took the stock off and noticed a screw that was kinda loose just under the area where the valve and transfer port is. I tightened the screw and I'm back in business. Used up about half the 4oz tank testing it but it was worth it. Thanks again  :-* :-* :-*

agninja

I just tore down both my 1322 and 1377 and cleaned them and tweaked the FTPs. Both are now showing improved performance fortunately.
Black air pistols matter.

bgmcgee

Quote from: BigErn on June 07, 2015, 01:57:42 AM
Worked like a charm!!! Dry fired it a bunch of times, put the tank on and it leaked just a little tiny bit so I took the stock off and noticed a screw that was kinda loose just under the area where the valve and transfer port is. I tightened the screw and I'm back in business. Used up about half the 4oz tank testing it but it was worth it. Thanks again  :-* :-* :-*
Cool deal. :-*

Jauvesst

changed one of the seals in my marauders reservoir that was causing a small leak. it passed the bubble test but only time will tell if it holds pressure properly again

had the scope off so gotta get around to sighting it back in later

RC1947

Had a Hogue slip-on grip I'd bought for another pistol that I didn't like the fit on.  Cut the finger grooves off and, using contact cement, attached to my Tempest.  Might look strange, but feels great and helps with grip consistency. RC

BigErn

BigErn

Just finished my Renegade stock for the QB79. That was quite a bit of work  :D  This was by far my most challenging bedliner project that's for sure. Can't wait to get a new scope now  :-\

RC1947

Looks great, and quite unusual. :-* RC

agninja

Nice use of negative space there on that stock.
Black air pistols matter.

Monkeydad1969

Dang Ern.  That is pretty sweet.
Joe
Aurora, CO.

BigErn

Thanks guys! This was the QB stock I ruined last week. I almost threw it away... It was going great until I decided to do the two holes in the front. I should have done them much smaller than what I did. The bigger holes went through the top on the stock, you can see in the second pic. I drilled the top of the holes to make them look like they came like that. I learned from my body shop teacher that if you can't make it perfect, make it smooth  :D  I also should have sanded the inside of the holes better, I thought the bedliner would hide all the deffects, I was wrong  ;D  Learned a few things on this one  :-*

arkmaker †

Nice work all around guys!!  :-* :-*

and Ern, if you want to take on a M-rod stock, I have one screaming for a little customization and bedliner work  ???
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22