What work did you just do?

Started by Fronzdan, October 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM

KevinP

Nice job, I like it also  ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

targettgii

Did you modify a 1399 stock or is that from scratch?
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Tater

Great work there Seatec, looks great and those grips look comfortable.    :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Seatec

It's all built from scratch.

Wayne

Old Dog

Did you go the plug route to make the mold and then make the part by utilizing the mold???

What ever you did it is sure one nice job :):):
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Seatec

I used foam for the grips, carve out the shape that fits your hand, put on a very thin layer of fiberglass mat.
First the gun has to be cover with masking tape so you don't get reson on the gun.
Then if you are only going to make one, put on some body fill and sand and Fill a few times until it's smooth, then paint with flat black paint.
This if you are going to make one off.
I made this one so I could tale a mould off it and can make more if I decide I want to build a few.
The bump on the bottem of the handel I ground off it was in the way of my little finger, so now it is a better fit.
The stock was made from lexan, was going to use aluminum, but had scrap lexan on hand.
A piece of 1/8 lexan on each side under the handles and a 1/4 in piece in center.
The side pieces give it the strength to attach it to the handel.
Took me 3 days to build.
I could now make s set of handles in about 2 hours if I make a mould .
Wayne

Seatec

Go to schoonerlabs.com and click on projects and you will see how I made the grips for a Webley Alecto, that took me about 2 weeks of making mistakes, but finally got it. I have made lots of larger fiberglass parts, but small ones are a lot harder to get the mat to lay down over small curves and soak with reson .
Just takes a lot of time.
The grips on the Webley would not fit my hand, so Joe Hickey made me a wooden set, and I just wanted to see if I could do it in fiberglass. Joe makes beautiful wood stocks for the 2240 and is a member on the Canadian airgun fourm and lives close to me.

Wayne

quickster47 †

Wayne, your Webley Alecto grips also came out very nice.  Very creative work using fiberglass and a great skill set you have.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

RinCG

Some nifty skills you have Wayne  :-*

arkmaker †

That stock looms awesome. Great job!!!!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Seatec

Built another stock, little wilder than the first one, more for zombie killing.
Started a mould for grips so I can make another set quick and no sanding. Had Joe Hickey in today and he loved the shape of the grips, fits the hand so much better than the plastic ones.
Will have pictures in a day or so. Big Holliday here in Canada tomorrow.

Wayne

Trophyhunter49

went down to my shop to do a little work and to just clear my head a bit!!  So I sat down and loaded 300 rounds of 9 mm ! That is one of the most mind clearing things in the world to me !! So thats all I have done today!! :) :)

Tommy

Quote from: Seatec on June 29, 2016, 08:18:40 AM
It's all built from scratch.

Wayne

Very smooth and professional looking.  What does it weigh?

twigboy

Quote from: Seatec on June 29, 2016, 02:25:58 AM
Another one of new stock

Could you please provide a pic of the grip area where the stock joins?  I don't think I quite understand how you blended the grips, frame and stock.  How/what did you use to glue the pieces together?  Thanks.  This looks great  :-*