I'm so damn happy I could just ..... (pics)

Started by Tater, October 28, 2012, 09:49:53 PM

1377x

wow is that a .22 magnum casing for the trigger spring guide ???
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

Quote from: 1377x on November 11, 2012, 05:40:01 AM
wow is that a .22 magnum casing for the trigger spring guide ???

Yes, it's 1 1/16".
OK, I loosened the screws a bit and it seems to work fine except the trigger doesn't "reset" until you cock it. Otherwise, it just stays depressed.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

PC77

Tater leave the metal washer out and just use the plastic washers. Loosen the front cover screw just until the trigger works freely. Polish the 22 mag case. You need to hold both ends of the trigger spring and twist it a little to open the spring a little so it will side freely on the 22mag case.
pc

Tater

Quote from: PC77 on November 11, 2012, 08:00:08 AM
Tater leave the metal washer out and just use the plastic washers. Loosen the front cover screw just until the trigger works freely. Polish the 22 mag case. You need to hold both ends of the trigger spring and twist it a little to open the spring a little so it will side freely on the 22mag case.
pc

It's back together now with 4 plastic washers (one on each side of trigger and sear). The spring slides freely on the .22 mag case except for the rim.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Tater

Yes!!! It seems to work fine now and is much smoother. I might have rubbed some of the white lithium off of the contact points so I might have to redo that but it will require extensive testing tomorrow.     ;) ;)

I'd like to REALLY thank PC77 and Ed for help with parts and answering my flood of PM's.   :-* :-* :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

PC77

Tater if you want to be really slick drill a small devit on the sear were it meets the trigger and JB weld one of those extra safety balls i sent you.  :-* Congrats on the trigger work you done good.
pc

Tater

Quote from: PC77 on November 11, 2012, 08:22:40 AM
Tater if you want to be really slick drill a small devit on the sear were it meets the trigger and JB weld one of those extra safety balls i sent you.  :-* Congrats on the trigger work you done good.
pc

:D  That might be pushing it at my skill level.   ;D  I had one &#^%*# of a time getting the safety spring and ball back in. I will have nightmares about that steel ball tonight.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

Quote from: Tater on November 11, 2012, 08:27:23 AM
:D  That might be pushing it at my skill level.   ;D  I had one &#^%*# of a time getting the safety spring and ball back in. I will have nightmares about that steel ball tonight.
;D ;D
hey at least your honest ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

storsy

Tater,
I find it much easier to remove the whole trigger assembly first, it removes the nightmare of losing the safety ball and spring (as it is no longer under pressure), and re-assembly is a breeze.
Far easier in the long run mate.
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

Tater

Good call Storsy. I don't know how to do that but I'll look it up next time.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

JEBert

QuoteGood call Storsy. I don't know how to do that but I'll look it up next time.
Tater,
Storsy is right.  Take the trigger frame off of the main tube by removing the front and rear trigger frame screws.  Keep the trigger frame upright and you will see the safety spring sticking up out of the trigger frame.  Pull it out and turn the frame over while holding your hand under the slot that you pulled the spring out of.  If the safety ball doesn't fall out into your hand, there is a dab of lube holding it in place.  Now there is no pressure on the ball to spring it across the room when you take the cover off.  When you finish your trigger work, put the cover back on and drop the ball and spring back into place before installing the frame back onto the tube.  If you put a dab of grease on the ball and always take the frame off of the tube BEFORE taking the cover off and put the cover back on BEFORE installing the frame back onto the tube, you will never have to look for that ball and/or spring again.
About your trigger, when you are fitting the washers, leave the spring washer out and put the trigger, trigger pivot pin and washers in the frame WITH NOTHING ELSE in there.  Tighten the cover down with all of the screws and see if the trigger will flop forwards and backwards just by tilting the frame back and forth.  You will probably need to sand one or both washers down a little at a time until the trigger still has no sideways play but will swing through its arc freely.  Do the same for your sear, sear pivot pin, and washers AGAIN, WITH NOTHING ELSE IN THE FRAME and when you get it back together, it will reset cleanly even with the lightest of sear springs.  Good luck with it.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

RC1947

Quote from: Tater on November 11, 2012, 03:47:28 AM
There was a metal washer already under the trigger pivot pin but I replaced it with a nylon on each side so I will change that. The metal washer that was there was not flat at all and bent like a Pringle.
Yup, that curved washer provides tension without binding.  There needs to be a little play in the trigger and sear to work properly. RC

Tater

Thanks JEBert and RC. I already have it back together with ll plastic washer. It seems fine, but I haven't tested it with the red dot on at targets. If it doesn't seem right I'll swap in the metal washer.
I ended up crazy glueing the ball to the the safety spring. I'm putting felyt on the pump arm too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Sir William

Tater:
Which model BSA Red Dot are you using.  I want one.
Thanks